Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ Summer {Repeats & #Hashtags}

Summer has seen dresses, shorts, jeans and everything in between...here's a few #LOTD latey.   {That's "Look of the Day", in case you're like me, late to hashtag acronyms, ha!} For previous summer #OOTD, #OOTN, #LOTD post, click here.

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

This is a #SundayStyle! If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, I post these each week. This dress is a recent Target deal!  I picked it up from a clearance rack during a BOGO 50% off + had 20% off via Cartwheel app.  (Sidenote - I was a slow adopter to the Cartwheel app, but it has had some pretty good sales, and definitely is worth the download!)  So, I checked out with 2 dresses, next one coming up below, and asked the checker about BOGO sale. I guess he didn't really realize what BOGO meant and gave me both at 50% off plus Cartwheel 20% off! Thank you Target.  I will take a $6 dress everyday and wear it twice on Sunday!  This one is like a tank top - V-neck and swing cut.  Perfect for hot summer days! Earrings are a recent Walmart find, $5 and safe to say I've gotten my moneys worth from then within the first week! 
Early July 4th I went to the gym to swim laps, and left in Nike TEXANS (JJ WATT!!) shorts + a Hanes V-neck of course, it's my uniform.  One of my besties was having a neighborhood party outside with a bounce house/water slide for the kids, so I switched to a tank top and headed over for the afternoon and evening. It was such a simple holiday, required no make-up, dressing up or fixed hair and thanks to my Texans shorts I was still patriotic!  I also didn't know Coke made a #shareacoke Bestie can!  

And, keeping with traditional summer, I wore the 2nd half of my BOGO sale dresses to church on July 5th.  This one is seersucker and I have seen it still available online, so you might find it in the mazes of Target.com -- not the most search friendly site!

It's another day of flares + wedges, safe to say this is my favorite summer evening #LOTD/#OOTN, again I was headed to a happy hour/dinner inside and the place is always cold.  This tank is from Able's Mercantile last summer, and I love that the arrows trend is sticking around. They are a favorite for me.  Also, this leopard clutch is from Able's and it continuously gets used since #leopardisaneutral.  Able's is a home town shop that I love to browse as they always have something unique in the store. This summer I picked up a tiny arrow ring from Visible Faith Jewelry, a new line they are carrying. #arrowseverywhere

Can't stop, won't stop...#flaresandwedges.  These are high waist, years old, 7 for All Mankind flare jeans. This was a little out of the box for me, tank is cropped, not Taylor Swift cropped, but I'm much more likely to choose tunic than cropped.  Paired with a gold belt, white clutch and yep, those white earrings mentioned above. I recently told a friend if I had to choose only a few clothes to have to wear it would for sure be jeans and white or black shirts, but I would still want all of my accessories! Also, I would like cut offs and Nike shorts. ;) #oldhabitsdiehard

Some fabrics are just meant for summer and seersucker is one. Dress above and here are shorts.  These are from Target last year, but seersucker is traditionally out every year. Also, I've realized this is the 2nd time I've tied my shirt up, previously here, and it probably won't be the last, I can remember the last time this was "in". #whatgoesaroundcomesaround. Another repeat, a little leopard thrown in for good measure. Leopard and navy is a favorite, this is super casual, but here is a dressed up navy + leopard combo.

Bring on the brights!! The day after I picked up the new Asics at Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale I coincidentally kept the neon going for Sunday.  This dress is an Old Navy from a couple of years ago, but brights are still everywhere. I know nude heels/wedges/sandals are usually a favorite, but I am a fan of cognac.  In fact, I have on cognac shoes in 3 of the above #LOTD. (#hashtagabuse) The necklace is from Gypsy Soule and I got it while I lived on the road traveling for work, it is one of those pieces that reminds me of that season in my life. 

It's been a little of everything this month and looks like that's not going to stop anytime soon! :)

I hope summer finds you well, and if it finds you in a challenging season, maybe this will encourage you.  Just like the calendar seasons, seasons of life will change, some hard, some easy, some fun, some heartbreaking, some with besties, some seemingly alone, some full of travel, some unknown, but the days keep going and the season will change. Keep pressing on! 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment