Saturday, October 1, 2016

#write31days | 2016: S I N G L E

Here we are again, the calendar has flipped to October 1st. I know I'm getting older because I keep thinking how quickly the time is passing.  Just this week at work someone said "we'll look at that in October" which was met with a quick reply "this weekend is October". But, I digress.

October means the return of the #write31days challenge and I'm taking it on again.  I wonder around the middle of the month sometimes about why I did this, but it really makes me dive deep into some topics, be a little vulnerable, transparent and also learn along the way.  Just to re-cap the last couple of years you can click to these links where all the posts are linked...
(This year I will link back here for summary of posts, and like years past will continue a regular post I currently do through the month: Monday Musings on Mondays for a little variety.)

As the summer was winding down I began thinking about a topic for this year. Honestly, I feel like lots is going on right now and thought about a #31daymigration of my old blog to this one, so all posts are in one place and because lots of those posts haven't been read by lots of readers now.  But, that seemed lazy.

And, a word kept coming back to me. 

And, I would go back to #31daymigration, because it would be easier. 

And, that word would come back to me. 

And, I would think of other topics that I could write about. 

And, that word would come back around. 

S I N G L E. 

Yep, I am single. 
40 and single. 
Never been married single. 
Not currently dating anyone single. 

Super fun to write about. 

But, I kept being reminded, story matters...heck, I did 31 days of stories in 2014. I know it matters. 

And, I keep reading, so many "single" (really great, wise words) bloggers and such, and thinking does the world need one more single girl writing. 

But, I was reminded my story matters. 

I love the "I've been single forever" girls in their 20's. I've been her. 
And I just left the "30s and still single" girl behind with the turn of the calendar to my 40th. 

And, there's not a lot of people who are in my shoes writing about it. 

I don't know exactly what this month will look like,  I've jotted down a few notes, but I'm going to trust the timing on this and leave some room for the content that maybe isn't exactly what I've planned, but maybe is what I need to write. 

So, here goes.

Hope you'll continue reading, and share with someone you know that might need encouragement in the endurance of "being single". If you want a little back-story, you can {click here}, lots of this I will dig deeper into this month. 

Blessings

October 1 - S I N G L E
October 2 - 40 years old
October 3 - Monday Musings, The Road
October 4 - Are you dating anyone?
October 5 - Feeling Alone
October 6 - A "free" meal
October 7 - real me.
October 8 - You're too picky.
October 9 - single + church
October 10 - Monday Musings, Miracles
October 11 - Red Flags
October 12 - #relationshipgoals
October 13 - How are you still single?
October 14 - it is worth it.
October 15 - I don't need you
October 16 - church doesn't apply to me
October 17 - Monday Musings, I'm {not} sorry. 
October 18 - Courage 
October 19 - Self protection of disappointment
October 20 - You're so lucky
October 21 - Get away
October 22 - Delight
October 23 - Building discipline
October 24 - Monday Musings, Podcast
October 25 - Love Languages
October 26 - Advice from Marrieds
October 27 - Endurance
October 28 - Guard you heart
October 29 - Resources
October 30 - sex
October 31 - final thoughts

{Disclaimer: This month of writing is in no way, shape or form a "poor me" or shaming of all the "what's wrong with guys today", so please save those comments, they really never need to be said anyways. Instead, just a part of who I am, that I feel specifically called to share about.}

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angie! Looking forward to your #write31 posts about S I N G L E this month. You have a wonderful way of writing that prods me to think deeper about life, my life situations, my relationship with Jesus, etc. Please give Auggie a few rubs for me. He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie - thank you so much! Hope y'all are doing well!

      Delete
  2. Hi Angie - (don't know if my previous comment got deleted). Looking forward to you #write31 posts this month about SINGLE. You have a wonderful way with words - you challenge my thought processes, my life, my relationship with Jesus. Please give Auggie a rub for me - he's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete