Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Style: Transition

My wedges are almost at a scream to come out of winter hibernation and show their face for Spring!  Despite what I imagine will be a record number of days in the 30's here in Texas to start off 2014 this week Spring has given us a little teaser.  Sunshine, humidity, high 70's, windows down, sunglasses on ... and I'm begging for the season change of my closet!

I've had to overcome the desire to layer up black on black for winter warmth and break out of a rut despite the cold.  I even went on a limb and wore white jeans.  On a day the high was in the 30s.  Who cares?!  The sun hadn't shown it's face in days and I needed something bright.  The school happened to have the heat set in my computer lab hovering around 90 degrees, so it all worked out perfectly, was just like summer in there!  I wouldn't break out the linen pants just yet, but the white jeans - get them out, start getting your wear out of them for 2014!


Traveling and working on the road I met so many inspirational people with a talent and a dream that is now a reality.  One company, XOXO art & company is 3 former teachers creating shirts and jewelry, each design hand drawn and colored.  I have so many favorite T's and tanks from them.  I love to layer up my tanks as transition pieces from Summer to Fall and Winter to Spring!  This tank says "oh give me a home where the buffalo roam".  Tossed on with an old Gap cardigan, scarf and subtle stripe pants and it is a go!  Go out on a limb...mix the direction of your stripes!


Third option, the floral or light colored denim jeans you have and/or roll-up cropped pants, give them some air, let them see the light of day.  Again, pair them with a more in season shoe vs. flip flop or wedge sandal and top appropriate for the weather.   Booties are perfect transition shoe!  Side note...it will become obvious, not only is leopard a neutral in my closet, but camo is a neutral.  I got this shirt for Christmas and I would wear it about 3 times a week if I could. 


Don't dread getting dressed in between the seasons.  Start easing in your Spring wardrobe, we'll soon be looking for the sweater weather again when the records are counting days in the 100's during August! 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment