Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Style: Fashion for Good

I love to design, create and make a difference.  There are so many ways to do that, and one that I love is companies who are empowering women across the world to design and create accessories which in turn give them a life of freedom while providing for their families.  I also love finding gifts that are unique and and have meaning.  One of my favorite things to gift is a product or "in honor of" knowing it makes a difference. 

Here's a few of my favorites, maybe next time you're on the hunt for a gift or shopping for yourself one of these will come to mind...

I purchased a necklace from their collection a few years ago and it is one of my all time favorites.  It simply goes with everything and can also be layered.  This necklace has also opened so many conversations to microfinance, empowerment around the world and other companies that I didn't know about.   They feature necklaces, bracelets, headbands, earrings and have recently launched a bag line.  31 Bits also features a wedding collection. 
 
From 31 Bits: "31 Bits uses fashion and design to empower people to rise above poverty.
That's right, people are being empowered through the fashion industry."

Wearing my 31 Bits + layers with a sweet friend, Tacey - Miss Tough Enough to Wear Pink, at the National Finals Rodeo

I found out about this company via a friend on Instagram, and again, was taken with the message and really loved the products.  Their products are also very reasonably priced.  B&B features jewelry, clothes,  handbags and totes and a Mommy & Me collection.  They also have a boutique if you find yourself near Palmer Lake, Colorado.  Stop in!  The necklace I purchased from them was Aztec Chevron necklace which is made in India.  I sponsor a child through Compassion from India and I felt like this was a double connection for me, especially when asked about this necklace. 

From Beautiful & Beloved:  "Beautiful& Beloved desires to make a simple path
for you to support individuals freed from slavery who are now empowered
to earn a living in a safe, clean and just way. 
Not only is our merchandise beautifully made and unique,
but each purchase will dignify a survivor of human trafficking
or living in extreme poverty… "

Of course this goes with my Camo shirt that I wore all winter long and might have snuck in a time or two this summer!
Layered up ... 31 Bits + Beautiful & Beloved
 
I first heard about FashionABLE because of their scarf collection and wow, they have continued to grow!  They still feature a huge collection of scarves, but have added bracelets that STACK, and I do love stacks and small leather goods plus a blanket for the home.  I have gifted several of these scarves and when you receive a product from them with a handwritten note from the creator, you can't help but think of that woman in her home creating a future for herself. 
 
From FashionABLE: " We are committed to long-term solutions to fighting poverty,
and our main focus is creating opportunities for vulnerable women. 
That means that your purchase creates jobs,
so that the women are not dependent upon charity,
but instead are a vital part of a developing economy."

Because of you, I am ABLE to....
I have sponsored a child from Compassion International for several years now and their annual Giving Catalog is one of my favorites for Christmas.  I have gifted money in honor of friends and family which has provided playgrounds for children, animals to create a business for a family and providing water well service to an area. They have so many options for giving! 
 
The Children sponsored in the Compassion program are given opporunity for education they wouldn't have received, clothing, food and medical care and they learn about Jesus.  The best mail to receive is a letter from my Child.  If you are looking for a way to give as a family or individual, continuous or one time, I would urge you to consider Compassion. 

Click to visit the Gift Catalog or to find out about sponsoring a Child!
My Compassion child who is now 13, wearing my favorite color and has a birthday on the 12th of a month. 
Only God can connect 2 strangers by chance like that!
Do something, for good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment