Friday, July 25, 2014

Style: Summer

It's no secret that I love my summer uniform, but there have been lots of occasions this summer that called for something other than my uniform.  Happy hours, fund raisers, weddings, speaking events, nights out, etc.. 

Here's a few updates from this summer....sometimes seeing an outfit inspires pulling something together from your own closet.  I love fashion blogs that showcase different styles, and often use them for my own inspiration; but have to remember:  you can't always look exactly like that person, wearing exactly the same thing.  We are all created uniquely so, embrace your own style and just take hints from others!  

Happy to answer any "where's that from" questions, just leave a comment on the blog or FB!  :) 

Leopard + stripes and a little pop of coral. 
If you are in the Houston area, we've had lots of rain,
so I traded wedges for some booties on this rainy night. 

Lace + cutoffs + cowboy boots. 
Shown as I wore it or another option with some peek-a-boo lace boot socks too! 
Either way would work, with shorts and/or with skirts! 
I also wore similar version of this outfit with wedges for a birthday party.
(Yes, I'm like an old lady and always have a cardigan if I
know I'm going somewhere that might be blasting the AC on high all night!)

White + gray + gold.
I love mixing silver and gold jewelry, so makes sense to mix gray in as well. 
All white is one of my favorites for summer too,
really year round, just have to be careful of fabrics. 
Mixing up accessories changes the look each time.

Skirts are in rotation this summer too...
Denim + print + boots for a Rodeo function. 
Stripes + camo for another occasion. 
Camo is a neutral to me, as well as leopard. :)

Speaking of leopard...this was perfect all day outfit! 
Tank, maxi skirt, flip flops and little touch of leopard. 
Went straight from church, to brunch, and out of town for evening!

And, jeans as well.  Even in the summer!
These were days I knew I would be inside and needed layers,
and/or knew the AC would blow me away. 
Easy, casual, mixed prints. 
Note: same white jeans as above & another old lady cardigan.  

Hope these help you with some inspiration from your own closet!  Show off your summer style!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment