Friday, October 10, 2014

#Write31Days - Oct 10 - Friday Favs

...we interrupt the #Write31Days challenge of stories for Friday Favorites!

Momfessionals
Linking up for Friday favs...with Andrea, Erica & Narci
This week's favorites....a perfect couple of days of sunshine with my besties and family and my favorite shades...They are from the Duck Commander line and are sold at Walmart Opticals.  I think price was around $30 and the lenses are polarized.  Speaking of Duck Commander, how great is Sadie Robertson on DWTS?!? Even though I never vote on TV shows, I'm #teamquackpack! Here's the link to find aviators at your local WalMart:  Duck Commander Aviators.

These are my college besties, almost 20 years later, still hanging out and never too old to all buy the same T, change our shirts in the booth, snap a bunch of fun pictures and spend all day together roaming fields and booths!  Pictured here in front of Zapp Hall, getting my favorite grilled chicken sandwich for lunch during Texas Antiques Week in Round Top, Texas. 
This day was the MOST BEAUTIFUL fall day! 
If you've never been to Antiques Week, grab some friends and put it on your list!


And this was another perfect fall day, wearing my sunglasses again. with my Mom and the Littles taking in some culture - the Ballet Folklorico at our local Fall Festival.  Aunt life is so fun!  These people are also all my favorites! 


One of my finds during Antiques Week was this sequin skirt.  I've been on the lookout for fun sequin skirt or shorts for a while, but one of those things I didn't want to make a huge investment in...and, lo and behold in the barns of Antiques Week I found one AND on 50% off sale!  Quickly paired it with denim shirt, but I know it will get mixed and matched with several styles of tops and jackets. 

The denim shirt is another favorite staple in my closet. Mine is a real "boyfriend" shirt - aka straight from the men's sale rack at Gap a few seasons ago. #tallgirlperks.

Also shown are 2 of my favorite pieces from the Noonday Collection...the metallic pearl earrings and metallic pearls necklace.   These pieces are handmade in Ethiopia from upcycled metal and artillery, symbols of conflict melted into symbols of hope.  Each piece of Noonday jewelry sold helps provide sustainable jobs & income to Artisans around the world, ending poverty and empowering these Artisans to a brighter future!  #purchasetoempower #FairTrade 

Thank you for reading! Connect with me via Facebook or grab the Bloglovin button on the sidebar.
Blessings, 


3 comments:

  1. Always love reading and keeping up with your blog - and proud of you for writing all 31 days - going great so far! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed watching Sadie on DWTS. Love those Duck Commander Aviators! I searched, and they aren't in any close stores....bummer :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Misty! Bummer on the Aviators -- maybe call your Walmart and ask if they can get them!? :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete