Saturday, November 22, 2014

What I'm Wearing {JEANS!!!} 11.21.14

Dear Jeans,
I love you so. 

One of the perks of life on the road, was jeans every day.  I have always loved jeans. One of my best friends used to ask me what I was wearing when we were going out...my response was always "jeans and t-shirt" which really meant jeans, graphic (usually Junk Gypsy or the like) T, heels or boots and lots of jewelry: stacks of bracelets and layers of necklaces. After a while, she knew that is what I meant by "jeans and a Tshirt".

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have Pinterest, so these are just my daily creations. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

This week was "Generation Texas" week at school, promoting college to students with dress up days to focus on going to college! 

Monday...I'm a Bearkat!  It was still really cold, in fact in the 30's the beginning on the week with howling wind.  I layered up my Tshirt with cardigan and cozy scarf.  Jeans and cowboy boots this day, and yes, I like a crease in my jeans.  #countrygirl
Tuesday was something about a tie...but I don't have a tie, and it was still super cold, so my "tie" was on my sweatshirt. It was also our Take Flight day with Community Partners in school.  Changed up my normal ring stack for brown ring and these boots, if I knew how old they were, they are some of my favorites, even if they aren't the latest trend for "heel" or "toe", I will wear them until they are not wearable!

Wednesday..."Pair up for College" and my school bestie and I love a twin dress up day. I think people think we shop for these days, but literally have same taste in clothes, we have similar things that it's pretty easy.  We attended rival schools and she's a few years younger than me, but one of those friends that is life's greatest blessing, seems like you've known forever!  So thankful to work alongside someone like her every day! 
Thursday, the future is bright, wear shades!  These are trouser jeans pants that I know will see lots of wear through the winter months, including under cover on days that aren't "jeans days".  :) Shhhhhh.  I love pairing bright yellow and turquoise, even in winter months when I tend to lean towards blacks and greys a lot. 
TGIF!  Friday was 80's but I just went traditional spirit day. Threw in leopard belt and stacks of wooden bracelets and suede flats.  Student asked me this day if I was the only one in school who wore bracelet stacks like this because he's never seen anyone else wearing them.  Ha! 
 
Another week of bundling up, but most of all...5 days of jeans.  Amen.  If only it could be every day! :) 
 
Blessings, 

1 comment:

  1. So, so sweet! I am so very grateful for your genuine friendship each and every day. And I too am always cracking up that people think that we go way out of our way to shop for twin day. I'm always inspired by "what [you're] wearing"!!

    ReplyDelete