Saturday, November 15, 2014

What I'm Wearing {Polar Vortex} 11.14.14

This week included the first round of cold weather in south Texas, and really the first time I remember such a cold November! 

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have Pinterest, so these are just my daily creations. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

Monday...I wore this dress early Fall one Sunday to church, but added leggings for extra warmth this day.  Perfect transition piece. Could also have jacket/cardigan layered on too.  Not sure why looks a little like disco stripe in the photo, but I promise it's just a simple black and white stripe dress, also available in Navy/Red stripe on  your local Target clearance rack. 

Tuesday...Love Life!  First school appearance of my fav wedge booties.  These pants are actually navy though hard to tell. It's no secret that I love words, and this is one of my favorite sweaters.  It will repeat this winter! 

Wednesday...brrrrr!! Favorite  camo skirt layered up with tights, long sleeves, scarf and vest that is from the early Gap "puffer" vest days and still going strong.  I'm picky about vests and I love the old style of this one with the banded bottom. I also had a tank on this day that was black and white strip under my button up.  I love tanks in the summer and they are extra warmth in the winter!

Thursday...one scarf is good, 2 are better!  This day was SUPER cold, by our standards so I layered up a couple of scarfs to start the day.  I love gray.  These black jeans pants (jeans only on Friday) are from the Loft, the fit is relaxed skinny and if you're in need of a pick-me-up, head to the Loft and just try on jeans, their new sizing is in your favor! I won't even tell you what size these are because anyone who is really that size wouldn't wear these, but trust me and try on some pants next time you're at the Loft.  The fit for these is relaxed skinny, which accommodates my not stick-thin-slightly-athletic quads.  :)

Friday was still chilly and I finally got to wear my favorite winter spirit item!  Jeans are dark version of Gap's always skinny (same as Loft, fit my legs) that I mentioned last week.  Plaid scarfs are very in right now and I like ones like this that I can mix up with my crimson and navy for a little extra color/variation to jeans and t-shirt Fridays.

Here's the week in review! If you're somewhere that only gets cold a few days out of the year, layer up, it's the best when you don't need a massive winter wardrobe!
 
Bundled up,

No comments:

Post a Comment