Wednesday, August 5, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ Summer {Happy Hour, church and in between}

Summer routine has continued in full swing, and seems like main events I'm wearing something other than Nike Shorts are Rodeo events and Church!

I have been on the lookout for a black & white buffalo check button up since winter time, finally found this one at Francesca's this summer. It will definitely be on repeat through the rest of summer, well into fall and who am I kidding, winter. Was perfect paired with cutoffs for a Happy Hour with my Rodeo friends at one of my favorite inside/outside bar & grills that also features live music!
Francesca's Collection shirt, Old Navy cutoffs & belt, Noonday Collection earrings & feather cuff, Splendid wedges.
This was a Sunday style. I believe in keeping it real -- outside the 4 borders of a pic -- I LOVE pencil skirts, but I don't always love how they look on me. I'm much more likely to wear a shirt out over the skirt than tucked in.  I'm very short-waisted and I feel like tucked in shirt often looks out of proportion. But, I see them on friends, in pictures and online shops and always love how they look.  So, sometimes I step out of my comfort zone and tuck in a shirt. In this case a Target tank, and yep that skirt is from there too.  Found it for about $13 after seeing & passing a leopard skirt I really loved at Banana for $78, knew it wasn't worth it, for reasons mentioned above. {You can see this skirt previously worn in my comfort zone here.}
Target tank & skirt, Nine West heels, Steve Madden bag
Here's the real story of summer...lots of Nike shorts which by the way I'm loving my new Asics running shoes (more about them here). Extra lazy mornings in my PJs while spending time at my Mom & Dad's with my nephew & nieces...we (initiated by the littles) get up early and have cake + coffee before we have a real breakfast a couple of hours later.  Of course there's been lots of pool days while babysitting, with friends and with books (July book review here)...
Nike shorts, Nordstrom Camo pj shorts, Walmart cover up & Target bathing suit
And, swimming laps, which includes this outfit, but I don't post bathing suit pics. :)
Target top & bottom
This was a simple for a night out to dinner. White + Gray + Gold is one of my favorite combinations, (see another one here) and this was a different way for that trio of color.  Mixed metals too for accessories. Also pictured is my normal bracelet/watch stack, pretty much have that on every day.  Yes, that is shot gun shells, baby Jesus in the manger plus a little tiny "go" charm. All have special meanings to me.
Hollister button up, Gap belt, JCrew shorts, Noonday Collection earrings, Target flops
This is a repeat of a dress, worn previously with fringe cowboy boots for Garth Brooks which was an amazing concert and worn this night for a "Gender Reveal Fiesta" and out for a bit after. I am packing this dress again for an upcoming weekend trip! It is one of my favorites!
Boutique dress & earrings, Target lace skirt, Noonday feather cuff, Splendid wedges
Here is another Sunday Style...{reminder, follow along on Instagram to see style posts}...like my work friend said, the dress is an adult onesie.  She's right, dress + shoes + earrings (& bracelet stack) and done. I love dresses and this is one from last year at Target, I watched it all summer and finally picked it up toward the end of the season on clearance. It has a slight asymmetrical hem line with a fun floral print and stripe contrast.
Target dress, Nine West heels (same as above), Noonday Collection earrings (wear. all. the. time.)
This outfit was another Happy Hour for my Rodeo Committee - Meet & Greet for new members. {If you're not from Texas and wonder what the heck a Rodeo Committee does, we are a force of 30,000+ volunteers serving on 100+ committees to put on the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo!} The days are way hot lately, these shorts are a terry cloth and so they are perfect for hot days. Another mix of floral, this time with polka dots. Again, it was an indoor/outdoor venue and long sleeves/shorts is one of my favorite combos so I felt it perfectly justified! :)
Target shirt & shorts, Noonday Collection earrings (see?!), Splendid wedges (same - all. the. time)
I recently took a trip out to Junk Gypsy Headquarters in Round Top and picked up this t-shirt from the bargain buggy.  Not a bargain bin, but a bargain grocery buggy because that's how it is in Gypsyville. :) The t was $12 and as soon as I saw it I just wanted a pair of scissors.  I've "re-designed" several t's before with a pair of scissors and you can see this one went from traditional unisex t-shirt fit to sleeveless (though not trendy muscle cutout arms) v-neck in less than 5 minutes once I got to my scissors. Before I could get home I had to stop for a piece of pie at Royer's Pie Haven, and if you ever make it to Round Top you should definitely make time for shopping with a side of pie. Again with the pencil skirt, this one is from Banana Republic, (work wardrobe staple) same feelings as mentioned above. And, this shirt will re-appear with the cutoffs, you should know my head is cut out because outside the lines of that pic is  recently out of the shower, hair in a towel...have to have clean hair for church, but needed to capture the before and after!
Junk Gypsy T (&short), Banana Republic skirt, Noonday Collection horn earrings, DSW shoes
Have a great week and do something that makes you a little uncomfortable this week!  

Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment