Sunday, August 30, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ Summer {Winding down the Summer}

The final weeks of summer are over...but the last few weeks have been good including my middle-of-August-birthday which has lasted for pretty much the whole month! Here's what I've been wearing lately....

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. Follow me on Instagram (click here) to see what I'm wearing in between the posts. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

No, I wasn't in, or headed to, the mountains, but I was flying this day, which airplanes have the potential to be arctic like and I always dress in layers.  When I am flying and need to pack cowboy boots I typically wear them to save suitcase space. Leggings are always easy travel and this sweatshirt from Be Still clothing is one of my favorites for cold weather/over air-conditioned places.  Stripes are a neutral and add a little more than just a solid. But, a solid would work too. Stripe T is from Mashalls, leggings are from the C9 line at Target, boots are Cavender's and ponytail holder/bracelets are Junk Gypsy.
Here's what was packed in my suitcase, several pieces seen before in previous posts. I cut my bestie out of the pics, not everyone wants to subject themselves to the world wide web. ;)
I kicked off my birthday week with a fun day out with my school bestie. We went for a little shopping (Anthro, Paper Source & Kendra Scott) then lunch. The gift of time is my favorite! This is pretty much an entire Target outfit except the earrings which are from Sam Moon Trading Co. Shirt is "boyfriend", which really means from the men's section. The cross-body bag is available in several colors at Target and it's a perfect size, not too small that you're cramming stuff in, but not so large it's awkward.
What used to be "Restaurant Week" is now pretty much restaurant month in Houston and I met up with a couple of friends to try a new steakhouse. It was delicious and one of the best desserts I've ever had - the Cinnamo Roll! These jeans are Mossimo from Target with a T from Marshall's and a several-years-old Anthro clutch. Added my pale-yellow Sam Edelman heels, recently found at TJ Maxx.
Birthday week ended with Texans pre-season starting and I met some friends to watch the first game of the season! Same jeans as above and the Texans T is one I found a couple of years ago, not even sure where.  Earrings are Noonday Collection and the wedges are my old faithfuls from Splendid LA.
Sunday Style as posted on Instagram, had a dress in mind, but really should have shaved my legs to wear a dress, so white jeans it was. #keepingitreal Gray, white and gold is a favorite, changed it up a little and added the pale-yellow heels for a little extra color.
I mentioned about my new Rayne necklace here, and this was it's first night out. Flare jeans (years old from Gap) and a Target tank with cardigan in tow of course. Clutch is from Able's Mercantile.
It was a good summer, and now it's time to get back to work, back to routine!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment