Saturday, January 17, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ 01.16.15

It was a full 5 day week, but it's a long 3 day weekend ahead!  Yes!  Onto this week...

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

Green + Leopard are two of my favorite things, so naturally I want to wear that combo all the time. cardigan and polka dot shirt are both Target specials. Light green cardigan paired with darker green scarf, I've always been a sucker for monochromatic.  Especially in summer with all white...speaking of summer, it's been long time since the sun has shined in South Texas and I am not well equipped for the dreary days! I need a the sunshine!!


Still chilly and the best way for me to stay warm is layer up! Sweater dress plus {another} scarf. Gray and brown is another favorite combo of mine...gray + chocolate brown and gray + cognac. My little nephew would probably point out a pattern in this outfit...brown, gray, brown, gray, brown....My Noonday Collection cow horn hoops pair perfectly!  And, oh yes I did toss on some little socks with my booties. Cold feet are the worst!


Did I say white a minute ago?  Yep, white jeans in the midst of cold January!  It just happens sometimes.  Denim shirt + aztec cardigan = warm and cozy all day. My classroom is typically very cold on cold days, so if I know I'm in there, I definitely layer up! These booties are a TJMaxx favorite from a couple of years ago...one of those pairs that you know will wear out one day and you wonder how you'll ever replace them. They are about 4" high, but they are surprisingly not miserable to be in all day.


I've had it.  The cold, the dreary.  It was time for a day of favorites!  Bright scarf, military jacket, new fav cognac boots over dress + leggings.  I think this day the sun actually made it's first appearance...I announced it to my class with great excitement, which wasn't really received as excitedly.  Maybe because I followed up with an assignment? 


And, Friday! The sun was shining, I was feeling like I needed to spice up my jeans and it was still cold.  This Gap blazer is from many years ago, but it's perfect for my school colors and under there is a Spirit T-shirt thus making this "Friday legal" according to dress code!  Wide cuffs on skinny jeans...kind of liking them vs. the thinner cuff....you?


The most amazing part about this week...only 1 day with my hair in a pony tail!  :) 

 
Cheers to the long weekend, I'm off for a little roadie to see one of my besties from life on the road!
 
Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment