Monday, June 29, 2015

What I'm Wearing Summer {June - Dressed up & down}

Summer is off to a good start!  Mornings of workouts, coffee, breakfast, Bible Study, reading and days of all kinds of activities.  More of what's up lately last week on this post, click here to read.

As always with what I'm wearing...
Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

Most summer days have looked like this...Nike shorts and t's. Works for babysitting, hanging out at home, running errands, whatever. I try to keep in mind that sometimes I need to wear something else besides Nike shorts, but they are just uniform to me. This day was epic, first Triple Crown winner since 1978 when American Pharoah won Belmont.  My parents happened to be at Churchill Downs the week before the race and caught him on a workout, top middle pic. We have watched so many races, failed Triple Crown attempts, that this was so fun to watch! I was babysitting when it was live, and we watched the race.  However, I came home and watched it again after.  :)
Despite how many days I am in Nike shorts, it is fun to get dressed up sometimes.  I attended the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Gala this month which was perfect time for a little black dress to make an appearance. This dress is one I picked up last year for an event, I didn't want to spend a lot of money and needed a simple dress, and I found it for less than $25 at Marshall's. The side detail ruching gives it some simple details and it's comfortable and easy to accessorize with various looks.
Marshalls dress, Jessica Simpson heels via Nordstrom, Grandmother's clutch, boutique necklace
I found this top on an Academy clearance rack, it is BCG and has an open back that is a little unexpected and fun.  It's perfect for summer, especially when AC is cranked inside everywhere and it's blazing hot outside. Not to mention it works w/ the Nike shorts too. ;) However, these are from Walmart for $7.86 or maybe $7.96.
Academy top, Target sports bra, Walmart shorts
Summer 2015 has brought the printed {"challis"}shorts trend out in force. I have seen them from Walmart to Boutiques and everywhere in between including price points too. Trends like this are ones I'm a little hesitant to and don't typically make a big investment to, because who knows how long they will last. I happened on these at Francesca's in Houston one day, and they were on a sale and extra 40% off and my favorite color.  For $12 - I'm on board. Another trend that I can remember being around before in my lifetime, the tied up button up is back.

This day I was headed to a benefit for one of my college besties husband who has recently been diagnosed with ALS.  It was overwhelming to see the small town turnout for them and give so generously. The road ahead is uncertain, but their faith in God is strong and they have a strong team rallied around them for support.
Hollister shirt, Francesca shorts, Noonday Collection earrings, Target flip flops
A couple of weeks later, I wore them again, this time for an outdoor meet up with my Rodeo Committee friends. Traded button up for tank and flip flops for wedges, but most of the rest is the same!
Target tank, Francesca's shorts, Splendid wedges, Noonday Collection earrings
At the end of school I went to a Happy Hour on a rare day that temps had dropped a little and I could still wear a long sleeve T.  Flare jeans have always been my favorite, even though they went "out of style" I feel like they are the best fit for my height and shape. {Skinny jeans were always hard to find to fit me and now maybe they are medically unsafe - WHAT!?} I love flare jeans with wedges...
Gap jeans, Able's Mercantile T + clutch, Target wedges
....so I repeated flare + wedges a couple of times.  This time with wedge sandals. White shirts, button up, T, or tank are staples to me and if i had to have basics for life to wear something like this is what I would choose with the option for accessories, of course. :)  
JCrew tank, Old Navy belt, Sam Moon necklace, Gap jeans, Splendid wedges
...and one more time for a Friday happy hour with this Small Town Girl tank. Restaurants are typically cold to me, so despite heat of summer, if I know I'm going to be inside jeans still work for me.  I have seen "Small Town Girl" t's and tanks in several boutiques, all cute and various fonts and styles, but all $25 and up.  I know this isn't something I would wear a ton, but when I saw it sticking out on the end of a rack when I was in TJ Maxx in the middle of the bedding update, and it was $9.99 I think it jumped in my basket by itself. This is one of those "muscle cut" tanks, which I'm a little leary of, but arm holes aren't extremely huge/cutout and it works for me.
TJMaxx tank, Gap jeans, Able's Mercantile clutch, Target wedges, Noonday Collection earrings
This was a Sunday Style for church, and a direct repeat from last year.  I love monochromatic white and mixing in gray + gold is another favorite. If you find something you like, repeat it, especially if it's one of those outfits you feel great in. No matter if it is casual or dressed up, own it and wear it with confidence!
Target tank + handbag, Old Navy jeans, Nordstrom scarf + earrings, BCBG heels via Ross
Finally, to wrap up June, I went to the Garth Brooks concert last weekend.  It was epic, one of the best, if not the best, concert I've ever attended. If he's coming to your city and you can get tickets, I would recommend seeing the show!  I wore a sundress with a little lace skirt/slip under it since it's a little short for my taste. :)  My fringe boots haven't been out since Rodeo ended, so this was a good time to get them out.  The dress is one of those I picked up somewhere at a Boutique and on a sale rack. It's not my normal wear, so not something I would pay a lot for.  However, I have worn it several ways - over jeans, with flip flops/sandals and boots now too over a few years.
Boutique dress, Target lace skirt, Walmart earrings, Liberty Black boots
I guess this ended up to be a little summer life + what I'm wearing with lots of repeats too. Have a great week ahead! As always, stay in touch via Facebook or Instagram

Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment