Sunday, November 27, 2016

Space: Pumpkins and Blessings

Before it is the end of Thanksgiving weekend and officially into the Christmas holidays, here's a little bit of fall decor I've had up this year.  I started in October with pumpkins and a couple of Halloween themed decorations, that I swapped for Thanksgiving.

(Of course, I meant to post this MUCH earlier, but better late than never!)

In addition to putting out the pumpkins, I re-did the tray on my dining room table. This spot has all of my pens, a few study books and my journaling Bible. Since I've moved and not had the kitchen bar (click here) I used before I have struggled with a "spot" in my house for my morning reading and studying and honestly that is an excuse, but I function best with a designated space. So, I took the decor off the table, pushed the tray to the end and filled it with what I need for that to be my space.  Here's a close up...
And, here's what it looks like in my dining area....
I got this cute "oh HAPPY day" sign for my birthday, and hung it in a little spot under the cabinets in my kitchen. I also got this sea salt caramel candle, which is a perfect fall scent.  The pewter pumpkin stands up perfectly for a little fall in my kitchen, but isn't just a decoration, it doubles as a serving piece.
On my bar I put a couple of pumpkins and Halloween decor too. There's a story behind these pumpkins, I loved them for a long time from a cute boutique, however the both of them were about $50 combined which is outrageous.  BUT, good things come to those who wait and wait I did...until they were WAY marked off and I think I got both for under $10! In fact, I picked up those two little Halloween signs too because they were also on the sale.  #bargainshopperalways
And, here's the same space switched for Thanksgiving with "give thanks" sign and a little pumpkin pie sign. My all time favorite pie!

That's it for fall around here; the pumpkins are put away and Christmas decorations are out! I love the evenings with the glow of the Christmas tree! I even put one on my patio this year!  Coming soon! 

Beyond the pumpkins and fall fun, I am thankful for this little slice of the City I call home, a place I love; family I treasure; friends who are a gift and the blessings of my job and organizations I volunteer with.  This year hasn't been without a few major bumps in the road, but Jesus has been near in each one and for that I am most thankful.  

Blessings to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment