Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Favorites ~ a little of this & that

Happy Friday!!

It's been a while for Friday Favorites and here's a few favorites I've collected lately...

I attended the Abundance Women's event in Dallas with my Mom. We got VIP seats which included a meet and greet with Lisa Harper who is one of my favorite speakers and teachers. I really wanted a pic with her, but there wasn't really an opportunity. My Mom said to just go stand close and she would snap a picture, so I did, but she is so gracious and turned around for this fun pic. More about Lisa is posted here.
October was quite the month of writing, all about being S I N G L E and if you've not read the posts or care to, you can {click here} for a summary of the month and click on any date for a link to the day's posts.  This was an exhausting month of writing, but one that was also so good.  I saw this mug pic in the midst of writing and it gave me a good laugh.  Maybe you don't have a spouse or significant other who would appreciate this, but a great bestie date is sometimes catching up in the aisles of Target too! If you know a man who meets my requirements and loves Target, I'm all the heart eyes right here!! :)
Speaking of besties, one of my besties and I threw a little birthday lunch for another bestie who has an October birthday and loves Halloween! It was at one of my favorites, Torchy Tacos, and we had a super fun festive table. Favorite moment of the day was an older lady leaving with her husband who stopped at our table to ask what we were celebrating, which we told her. She had recently celebrated her 75 birthday there - how fun is that!?  
This week started with a bang, a migraine or stomach bug or both, and had me pretty much like this all day long Tuesday after all night long up and down yaking.  Ugh.  More importantly, I got a bee in my bonnet this year that I wanted holiday/winter/Christmas bedding, and here's a sneak peek of the new bedding I found at Marshall's!  Hooray!! It is so cute! I need one pillow, but ties in with my current decor and sheets and Auggie loves it too! Full reveal coming soon!
Speaking of Auggie he was featured last week on a super fun Instagram account we follow, DoodleTales. If you're over all the "heavy" in your newsfeeds, follow them for some happy!  You can follow Auggie's adventures by {clicking here}.

Somewhere over the rainbow and through the woods some cooler weather is going to HAVE to show up. Meanwhile, these things were hanging on my closet door together and I realized, hey - that will make a cute outfit, when I can ever wear a little vest! Right now, it's still shorts weather in Texas! But, I'm keeping the faith!  Flare jeans, vest, leather bag...fall trifecta!
I've started using Plexus products recently (Vitamins and supplements for good gut health - am learning so much about how much is tied to your gut!! Like, it's your body's second brain!?) But, I also got this body cream and have started using it on my face.  Few ingredients:  charcoal (helps get toxins out of pores), aloe (protective, replenish moisture), vitamin E (antioxidant, reduce lines and wrinkles), evening primrose oil and lavender  (healing skin issues and great smell). I'm picky about night creams, I like them to have a pump and also don't like overly greasy formulas, so I'm loving my Plexus as a night cream!  #nofilter
Have a great weekend and click over to ErikaNarci and Andrea for more Friday Favs!  As always stay connected with me via Facebook and Instagram

1 comment: