Saturday, January 31, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ 01.30.15 {pity party week}

This week was long...fought a cold that I thought was maybe a tease last week all. week. long.  Plus the grading stacks were at an all time high! At the end of the week when I was fussy (the cold) and frustrated (poor work turned in), I did realize I had told a lot of students I was proud of them and a lot had done really great things in class this week!

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

Monday was a re-wear of Sunday church...and I was lazy enough to to just use the same pic.  Sometimes on down days need a little reminder on where I am rooted and who dwells in my heart. Plaid tunic/dress is from Accessorize in Style that I mentioned last week. We are all well acquainted with the boots by now like old friends and a fuzzy vest just makes everything better!


My Mom always says dress up when you don't feel good and a maxi skirt seemed a good option for dressing up, and comfy.  Jean jacket, little leopard scarf tucked in and call it a day.  The sun was shining so bright this week, but I just felt gray. But, I liked this combo, it will repeat!

 
Wednesday...hump day! We've been talking about advertising and the effectiveness of slogans in one of my business classes, had a student sing out the Hump Daaayyyy song the other day, it is memorable for everyone.  Including you now.  I didn't want to just keep that to myself...
Back to the wearing...little aztec sweater and gray pants.  I've mentioned my height and pants...if you're tall, Banana Republic has great work pants! These are "longs" (from Outlet store) not "Tall" ordered only online and they are long enough for me with heels.  Probably a 36" inseam. Wide leg and a cuff...perfection!


Dear camo, you're my favorite.  This is one of my all time favorite shirts, it's made repeat appearances here and paired with floral jeans/pants (we only wear "jeans" on Friday) is one of my favorite combos.  It seems everywhere you look there are shirts with the hems hanging out with lace or ruffles.  This shirt doesn't have that, but I have a little sheer ruffle tank that goes perfect under and give the effect while it's "trendy" and back to regularly scheduled wear when it's gone. 

 
TGIF! Made it and celebrated with a ponytail.  Or really my hair probably needed to be washed on Wednesday, but I made it work Thursday and Friday had to have a ponytail. But, details, really here nor there. Student told me on Thursday I should have saved my camo for Friday because basketball teams were wearing camo! Have no fear, I have camo to spare.  Looped up a scarf, it's not an infinity,but just tied it together.  Added a little green belt to mix it up too.  The good thing about Crimson and Navy as your school colors is lots of other colors go well with them like my fav camo, leopard, lime-ish green, mint green, etc..  


And, finally, this week was over.  In the grand scheme, it was nothing major, just a little frustrating to me, tired and not feeling 100%, but all things pass and better days come because I have faith and know Christ dwells in my heart. 

 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment