Thursday, May 1, 2014

Space: Music

I've never been a big TV watcher, I don't turn it on immediately when I get home, I don't need TV for the "noise" and there are days in a row I never turn it on.  My apartment came with a TV installed in the bathroom, and anyone who knows me well and sees that TV questions why I, of all people, would have an extra TV.  Believe me, it's not that big of a space that  I couldn't hear or see another TV from the bathroom! 

The TV I love the most is from 7am - 10am, Good Morning America and Kelly & Michael show.  But, I can't see that on a daily basis, though will work it into the summer routine some.  However, I don't love it enough to DVR every day and watch at the end of the day either. 

Most often I fill my space with music.  While I'm doing anything around the house I will turn on my iPod.  The iHome player some friends gave me as a gift is one of my favorite gifts.  When I have a new playlist, sometimes I will even turn it on as I go to bed and let it play because it is all of my new/recent favorite songs.  I definitely wear out a new playlist while running and if I'm on a road trip, that's what is playing in my car!

I keep a running list of songs I want to get from iTunes on my phone and add them a couple of times a year.  They are usually a mix of Country, Pop and Christian music.  I do listen to TV radio every morning, so I hear new songs there, who ever thought I would like a Jamie Lynn Spears song?!  I also play Pandora in my classroom and pick up new songs I like from those stations.  Songs we sing at church usually make it onto my list as well.  This year The Voice has had a couple of songs that are in new renditions I love.  (That is one show I do try to watch weekly, but usually just the singing, not the judges comments, intros, etc. -- that's why I love DVR!) All in all, a new mix-tape a few times a year!   

My most recent playlist...
  • All of Me - John Legend
  • Blessings - Laura Story
  • Brave - Sara Bareilles
  • Callin' Me When I'm Lonely - Sheryl Crow
    (she should have gone country a long time ago)
  • Drunk Last Night - Eli Young Band
  • Everything I Shouldn't Be Thinking - Thompson Square
    (one of my favorite duos)
  • Hold On, We're Going Home - Christina Grimmie (The Voice)
    (Never liked the Drake version of this)
  • How Could I Want More - Jamie Lynn Spears
    (cast no judgment)
  • I Won't Give Up - Christina Grimmie (The Voice)
  • Kiss You Tonight - David Nail
  • Lay Me Down - Chris Tomlin
    (My daily prayer)
  • Let It Go - Idina Menzel
    (Everybody needs a little Disney in their life)
  • Love Is War - American Young
  • Love Knows No End - Hillsong Live
    (Thankful for this promise and truth)
  • Me and My Broken Heart - Rixton
    (Who the heck is Rixton?  Thank you Pandora)
  • Meanwhile Back at Mama's - Tim McGraw feat Faith Hill
    (I love Mama's house and I love Tim + Faith duos)
  • Light em Up - Fall Out Boy
  • Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
  • Rest Upon Us - Caedmon's Call
  • Riser - Dierks Bentley
  • Sober - Little Big Town
    (I loved LBT LONG before Pontoon)
  • Some Nights - Fun.
  • That Power - Will.i.am
  • This is Amazing Grace - Phil Wickham
    (Grace that Humbles me daily)
  • Timber - Pitbull
And, this just released this week, which I will be purchasing ASAP!  Passion:  Take it All



Try filling your space with music.  Sing along when your favorite is on!  Turn it up!  Heck, dance if you want to!  Music speaks volumes to me, and I get lots accomplished when I'm just listening vs. sitting down in front of the  TV. 

This week, I made a cake, cooked dinner and did some computer work...all while my new playlist was playing!

 
 
Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment