Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Self: And, this I call to mind....

If you read my post on being single, thank you! Sometimes I write on this little blog as an outlet and then I'm reminded, oh yea - people read this, and then you encourage me so with your feedback!  So, thank youfor reading, relating and sharing!

This is how a lot of mornings start for me...thoughts on a page, sometimes I fill a page and can't get it off my mind until I have put it to complete sentences (a blog post).  Also happens a lot when jogging and I have to immediately make myself notes of all that is in my head on my paper typewriter....


I thought it might be helpful to post the verses I referenced at the end of the post...so here they are... and, maybe "single" isn't your thing but something else is, I pray these will speak to your circumstance as well...

Proverbs 31:25 (ESV) Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.

Romans 12:12 (ESV) Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Psalm 100:5 (ESV) For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 42:5 (ESV)  Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?  Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation.

Isaiah 26:3(ESV) You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.

1 Peter 1:6 (Living Bible) So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though the going is rough for a while down here.

Habakkuk 3:19 (Amplified Bible) The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds’ feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!

Isaiah 30:18 (Amplified) And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]!

Psalm 34:18 (Message) If your heart is broken, you’ll find God right there; if you’re kicked in the gut, he’ll help you catch your breath.

Lamentations 3:22-25 (ESV)  The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.

Isaiah 54:10 (ESV) For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

Ephesians 4:29 (ESV) Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Zephaniah 3:17 (ESV) The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Be blessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment