Friday, September 19, 2014

Link Up: Friday Favs for cooler weather!

Momfessionals
Linking up for Friday favs...with Andrea, Erica & Narci
 
Last weekend was the first hint of Fall, a few of my fall favorites all made an appearance...

Friday night -- I love a rainy night!  I had dinner with a sweet friend and family, then a trip to Target, in search of new fall creamers (found!) and pumpkin oreos (not found!).  I love family dinners, it's one of the blessings of being single and one of the places you really get to know people.  I really want some Hunter rain boots, but just haven't been able to bite that bullet yet...so for now the Academy specials are still working out.  
First thing Saturday morning, I made a cup of coffee with new creamer!  I love finding new creamers, this one was delicious and the Pumpkin Spice from International Delight is as well!
I also found couple of nail polishes for fall on Friday night whilst walking, talking and browsing Target with my school bestie...Left: Bahama Mama and Right: Dressed to Kilt.  I tried out Bahama Mama and it is much darker color than the purple it looks in the bottle.  I'm definitely a fan! 

Change in the weather means a change in the uniform, so traded in my Nike tempo shorts for leggings while running errands Saturday.  This was the first day "feels like" was less than the "real" temp!  These leggings are a fun change of pace from solid black ones I about wore out last year!

I've mentioned before I love browsing TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Ross for great deals. Found this subtly fancy workout top and tried it out on my jog. It wasn't near as cool on my jog, but this top passed the non-chaffing test, so for $16.99 it's a definite win! And, I keep seeing/reading about compression socks, so even though this looks like a runner outfit ca. 1970, I did like the taller socks/support. 
Saturday night...on the town.  A band playing outside on the patio, breeze, good friends, two-stepping...perfect night.  My favorite in transition is long sleeves and shorts and I couldn't wait to wear this new buffalo check, but it's been SO hot! Best part about this shirt is my school bestie texted me a pic of it and said "$12.99 want it?".  YES!!  Best deal ever...from Ross!  I've hunted high and low for buffalo check, and thankfully my friend had her eye out for me too!  First outing for a pair of booties on this night too!
Who doesn't wish for an endless weekend every now and then??  This is one of Bath and Body Work's signature scents and I have been looking for new everyday perfume, having had several failed attempts.  But, this one...I am liking more and more every day I wear it!   
And, just when the weekend is coming to a close and the 90-degree temps show back up on the forecast I lit up my B&BW Pumpkin Pecan Waffles candle and soaked up a little more of the fall weekend spirit!  Other fun kitchen adds for fall are dishtowels from Dollar Bins at Target and kitchen soap from B&BW too.  Bath and Body Works currently has lots of pumpkin scents, and after smelling all of them I wished I had a pumpkin pie or pumpkin roll at home to snack on!!
Thank you for reading...keep up on Facebook or click link for Bloglovin to connect with me! 

Happy Friday!!

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up! :) Happy Friday to you! Love your buffalo check with leopard. Also I need to find the Pumpkin Pecan Waffle on my mall trip tonight. That sounds amazing! :) Also your leggings that are leopard-ish.. Are they Nike?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda - thank you for reading! Actually...the leggings are TARGET! :) I was thinking maybe this post should have been named "Favorites Target & BBW"! haha! Definitely pick up something Pumpkin Pecan Waffle and I'm sorry for your pancake/waffle craving after. :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. The Bahama Mama is the perfect fall nail color. Those leopard print leggings are super cute! Will need to head over to Target this weekend to find them! :) Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete