Thursday, December 4, 2014

What I'm Wearing {ending November, beginning December} 12.03.14

The weeks are ticking by quickly and short weeks make them extra fast! A two day week before Thanksgiving followed by a three-day week before a long weekend in NYC!!  
 
Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have Pinterest, so these are just my daily creations. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.
 
Long sleeve dresses don't come easy for me. The sleeves are usually too short, and if they are long enough, the fit is sometimes weird.  Most of the time if a regular sleeve was about an inch longer, it would be just right!  Every now and then my favorite dress boutique (aka Target Clearance Rack) comes through for me, like this Converse drawstring dress for $8.98!  Love that it is navy and black trim.  Perfect with leggings, booties and my tall black boots!  

Last year on December 31st I didn't have New Year's Eve plans and instead spent the day doing some shopping, spending some of my Christmas money. Little did I realize how many places have MAJOR markdown sales.  I found the cutest boutique in College Station where everything was 50% off!  This star sweater was a find from there, I think it was somewhere between $12 and $15.  Layered it up with a stripe tank and Sam Moon scarf.

This looks almost like the outfit above, but it was not the next day, though I often can't remember what I wore the day before.  :)  It was the Monday after a Thanksgiving break. One that I had all of my favorite foods in the span of about 3 days and lived in same pair of leggings for about 36 hours straight of those 3 days. It is hard to get back into the swing of dressing up for work. Neutral sweater, black pants, scarf.  Blah to not with a scarf, or maybe just not as blah!

Scored this faux fur at Ross for the bargain of $19.99.  I do love the fur vests/jackets. It's rare to get to wear them here, so, I like my fur at a discount.  However, I have worn this one a few times already.  I guess I wore black pants two days in a row.  Denim shirt, such a good neutral piece for your closet! This will be part of Friday Favorites soon!

This was my Friday, and knew I had a Target shopping trip right after school with my Club officers for our Santa Cops donation.  I felt a little 1990's in my matching jewelry, belt and shoes -- all various blues, but what really mattered was that little red suitcase was packed up for a flight the next morning to NYC!
 
And, since these 2 weeks equaled a combined total of 5 days, we'll call it a "week"...apparently it was a black pants week. Apparently I need to mix it up and brighten it up! 

 
Check back for fun from the Big Apple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment