Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Winter Weekend Style

Tis the season for chilly nights, layers and lots of parties and fun.  Being in Texas where "winter" is relative, I often am mixing in pieces from my summer wardrobe to create winter looks.  Layering with a cardigan and/or scarf makes tanks and other summer tops winter ready.  Here's a few looks from recent weekend outings.... 
 
Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have Pinterest, so these are just my daily creations. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.
 
This was a sleeveless T I picked up over the summer on a sale rack and I wore it a few times with cutoffs, but paired with cardigan, scarf and my new favorite {searched for long time}booties  and Gap's washed out always skinny jeans.  The first from any Gap "skinny jeans" to really fit me! Check them out, I definitely recommend!

Another summer jacket I paired for winter, this time with dark wash of Always Skinny jeans, booties and my favorite arm stack. This jacket was a summer super clearance {like $19.99} from Anthropologie that I wore (again) with cutoffs and wedges. 

This is a walking Nordstrom ad, however the pieces are from seasons past. Sheer tops in the summer layer perfectly under jackes and with scarves for cooler months.  Oh the jeans?  Yes, same ones as above. Seeing a trend here?  Booties were a TJ Maxx find a couple of seasons ago. They are about 4" heels, but seriously can wear them all day/night! Even danced in them!

Sometimes I change it up from jeans...I was on the hunt for sequin skirt for a long time...found it this year during Round Top Antiques Week and Rodeo Committee Christmas party seemed like the perfect time to break it in.  Tall boots, vest and denim shirt, comfy, warm and festive!   
 
  This leather jacket, it's an oldie, from the first time "moto" trend was around...and I've held onto it.  Wore it for a Saturday night out in the city. Paired with black sheer top and again those jeans with suede heels.  I love the skinny jeans and tall suede heels, great winter look!


And, of course this is one of my favorite DAYtime weekend looks...perfect for a donut run right out of bed... :) 

Cheers to the weekend and fun nights out!

No comments:

Post a Comment