Saturday, December 13, 2014

What I'm Wearing {4 day week + 1 hard day} 12.12.14

Just back from NYC and  it's going to be a four-day week this week, so if you're keeping up...a 2-day week, 3-day week and 4-day week. And next week, 4.5 days and it is Christmas break time!  Can't believe the semester is already wrapping up. Tie a big fancy holiday bow on it and pass the cookies, parties and fun of the Christmas season!  
 
Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have Pinterest, so these are just my daily creations. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.
 
Monday...I typically pull out what I'm wearing the night before but I didn't do that Sunday night.  And, I paid for it Monday morning...ending up with this. Leopard tank that mixes for cooler months with scarf + cardigan and tossed in some turquoise shoes for fun! Did not get the memo to quit the black pants.   
 

Tuesday I was off, attended the celebration of life for my sweet college bestie Melissa's dad. This is our crew.  These are my people.  It's coming close to 20 years I've known these girls. I sat in the same church where I stood beside Melissa when her Dad walked her down the aisle and today she read the eulogy she penned to honor her dad with such grace.  Life has had major hits this year in this group...sometimes we don't want to be grown-ups, but when we have to be I am proud to stand beside these girls through life's greatest and also hardest of days.

Back to work on Wednesday.  This denim dress is years old and a go to over and over again.  Paired with gold scarf, aztec leggings, little lace slip skirt and tall boots. These boots need to be replaced and I looked all around NYC for a pair, but couldn't find the right pair.  I love these boots but am going to have to surrender them to Goodwill at the mercy of having been in storage for almost 2 years. If you're ever going to store your stuff, beware of storing shoes...even in climate control many of mine are ruined on the inside with the lining flaking out.  Never would have  thought, but have had several pairs ruined.

Ahhhh...the ever popular blanket scarf! It's been a little chilly here this week and my classroom is perfect temperature for a blanket scarf.  This is one of my souvenirs from NYC. Paired with navy cropped pants, booties and easy year round tank with a cardigan combo.
Friday!  Puffy vests are a favorite!  This one is years old from the Gap.  I love the banded bottom and it's hard to find them like that anymore. Our Freshman class had a fundraiser to vote  (by paying at least $1) for the teacher of their choice to be Santa for the day during lunch for student photo ops. Thank you to the student who nominated me, thank you to the kid who put $5 in to vote for me and thank you to the Coach who campaigned and "won" the opportunity to be Santa!  I felt like a winner when we got Nothing but Bundt cakes for participating!
 
 And this week in review....


One more week and then you will find me in leggings and my favorite green jacket for two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment