Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Favorites: Cognac!

How is it already half way through the first month of 2015 the 6th of February?! (This post has been sitting in my drafts for few weeks now, it's just been a hectic few weeks.) I had a conversation one day this week with my students about how fast time is passing....but I told them we had to quit talking about it because that was aging us! Ha!

BUT, it's Friday and this week's Friday Favorite is all things cognac!!

Momfessionals
Linking up for Friday favs...with AndreaErica & Narci

First up is perfect sized cross body bag! Cognac is one of my favorite neutrals and I have looked for an "everyday" cross body that isn't a clutch. One that I can put my regular wallet in and still have room.  This one is perfect! I have used it over and over in just a couple weeks months time since I found it at....drumroll...Target! If you've been here before this should come as no surprise.  Just for fun this bag also comes in black, navy and I've even seen a borderline fluorescent orange color. All for the bargain of $25 or $26, or pick it up during one of their regular BOGO 1/2 off accessory sales!
 

Speaking of clutch, this is one I turn to time and time again for nights out.  The basket weave design plus tassel give it a little flair.  Sometimes adding cognac piece with all black softens the outfit a bit. This belt is another staple that I wear often!  I have always loved black & cognac mixed and seems like that color combo finally made it's way to "trendy" status. This bag also has a removable chain strap that is perfect for when you need to hit the dance floor! #freestyler


I picked these Ralph Lauren cognac pumps up at Marshalls several months ago, but I've still seen them there recently. I wear them a lot, even had them on one day last week. Another wider belt is perfect for belting up dresses.  It took me a while to find the perfect belt for this style, I can't even remember where I got it, but it is pushing probably 5 years ago, at least. #oldiebutgoodie The bracelet was a gift from a sweet friend, and it's cognac leather too!


I couldn't post about cognac & not re-mention these $23 Francescas MIA Crossings boots. More on them here. I've worn these multiple times every week since I got them!

 
In warmer months these 3 are my favorite...2 wedges and peep toe and they go. with. everything.   

 

Finally, an everyday cognac bag.  This was a lucky Zara (on sale when I go to the register) find, includes both short handles and a cross body strap and I have used this bag over and over again for a couple of years.  Of course Michael Kors makes great cognac bags as well as Tori Burch (a birthday gift), pictured above with the wedges.


Another pic from Summer 2012 with short hair and the bag/peep toes peeking out plus a little road souvenir real horse shoe + leather strap from a saddle girth belt. 


Here's to a low key weekend with just a couple of things planned, which is also a favorite!

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment