Saturday, February 7, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ 02.06.15

This week I finally felt like I had outrun the runny nose, my energy was back and a couple of weeks with not much planner are on the horizon AND a school holiday soon.  Deep breath!

This is a monumental post...the 100th post on my blog! 

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.
 
Monday blues?  Not really, but I've mentioned before I do love a monochromatic look and I also like pairing stripes.  It's hard to tell, but these pants are very fine navy/white stripe.
 

A student recently had on a "You Can't Sit With Us" t-shirt in my class. I  can't stand the Mean Girls campaign which also includes "We Wear Pink on Wednesday" items.  I wish girls would learn sooner than later to be nice to girls and build each other up not tear down. I always struggle with khaki pants, so leopard plus my $3 Target red heels gave it a little color. 


Wednesday! The weather has still been chilly, so I'm still layering with scarves and jackets/sweaters every day.  This little gray jacket is one of my favorite things in my closet, and I reach for it often.  I think I got it from the Juniors section of Nordstrom, probably 5 or more years ago on a sale rack. In shopping math, I've definitely gotten my money's worth!


I feel like I've been passing myself coming and going (right side pic I didn't even realize had taken, but that's exactly what life has looked like) and the weekend is coming and will include down time! Amen.  The best thing about these black pants: they are knit, elastic waist and still look pass as professional! Cowboy boots and jacket that's secretly covering up a white uniform Hanes v-neck and it was a a pretty comfy day! 


Friday this week was National #GoRedForWomen day.  I've talked about heart disease before, it's a cause I care about and want to take care of my heart.  Only seemed right to wear my RED shirt and a couple of RED accessories for GO RED day!  If you are not taking care of your  heart, I hope you'll make it a priority this year to get active at least a few minutes a day and work towards a healthy heart!


If you're looking for me, chances are I'll be on my couch a large part of the weekend and will be mostly in sweat pants. Next week will do it all over again!  

 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment