Saturday, March 7, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ 03.06.15 {Countdown to Spring Break}

This week was officially countdown week to Spring Break! 4 classroom days, a State trip w/ the club I sponsor and a week away from School!! Amen.

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

The weather is still chilly and the uniform is still in place.  These pants are actually gray, though they look black in my high quality iPhone photos.  Tank is one I've worn in summer with maxi skirt, but added a scarf + cardigan for cooler temps! I'll be so glad to see tank top weather return!! 


RodeoHouston is starting tonight and I knew I'd be coming home and changing for the Rodeo. So, the school day outfit was simple and comfy!  Maxi skirt, t-shirt and my military jacket with a floral scarf mixed in. I've seen floral showing up repeatedly in magazines and such for Spring and Summer. If you're not a big floral person, a scarf is an easy way to add in the trend! 


Again, the cold weather...chocolate brown pants, scarf and cardigan. I guess this week I'm feel pretty neutral with a few pops of color.  Turquoise heels peeked out from these pants. 


Thursday, last classroom day for a while!  Trouser jeans pants, gingham and fur vest.  Plus shoes with a little design for added color.  I'm sure you would be really surprised to know I ended up in that scarf all day long.  Cold weather outside and cold classroom. The extra picture is from my March calendar page..."She was a dreamer, a girl who saws the deeper side of life and longed to live in those pages" which is quote from Karen Kingsbury book. Really I'm just longing for a day to sit with coffee and a good book!  I feel like it's been a while!


This was 5:10 Friday morning, getting ready to load up and head out to San Antonio with students.  These pants I've worn before, they look like nice black pants, but feel like 1 step above yoga pants. They are by Karlie and are a fit then flare cut. It was in the 30's Friday morning, so a perfect day for the blanket scarf.  I only wish I was laying down on my couch covered up with a blanket vs leaving! :)


And, bonus...Saturday at the Conference/return home. Same pants as Friday.  Same boots. Just a different t-shirt, cardigan and scarf! "Professional" for the events and comfy for the trip home.  We hit some crazy traffic coming home, but thankfully stopped on the freeway right at an exit, which I took. I do love the back roads and after a 10 minute detour down a dirt road with 6 cattle-guards we came out ahead of the traffic and got home for SPRING BREAK to begin!! 


I hope you enjoy the weekend and week ahead! I will be back with some Rodeo outfits next!  Long live cowboys and cowgirls! :)

 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment