Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ Rodeo Houston

It is my favorite time of the year in Houston....RodeoHouston is here!  20 days of rodeo, concerts, livestock show, contests, volunteering and seeing so many friends! Tack on a weekend of BBQ cookoff and it is the perfect month! 

Unfortunately this year the BBQ started off kind of cold...so Wednesday night I started with denim+denim on the left, the jacket and scarf were with me the whole night!  Pants are 7 For All Mankind I've had forever, but I love that big flare. Shirt is fav denim pearl snap from the Gap {men's section} in a size small, perks of being tall girl. Scarf I picked up recently from Proud Souls boutique on Facebook.  And, of course, that's my favorite military jacket. 


Friday night was even colder...layered up with a puffy vest and winter scarf.  The winds were crazy and the temps were in the 30's and 40's. This always happens during Rodeo...a super cold weekend comes through. Last year at BBQ we were in tank tops and could have gotten a sunburn!  I do love a crease in my jeans! Jeans are Cruel Girl, vest is Gap and scarf is Nordstrom.  Paired with my Kate Spade oversized green studs my bestie gave me for Christmas!


Tuesday March 3rd was opening day and the sun came out and temps were almost 80 degrees!  All the Texans said Amen!  Same denim shirt  as last week paired with leopard shorts I found for $5 at Old Navy this winter.  Layered up pearls and bracelets and black suede boots are from Nordstrom.  Featured before, I got them in the summer during the Anniversary Sale. 


Saturday the weather was nice again, though a little cooler.  I've worn this outfit with tights and pumps for church/school, but it goes well with boots too!  Banana Republic button up, Target fur jacket and skirt (years old) and Cavender's boots.  Added lace topped socks, azted earrings and chevron necklace. 


Sunday I went straight from church out to work with my bestie in her booth.  It tends to be cold in the commercial exhibits area, so leggings, cowboy boots, jacket and scarf were perfect.  I've worn this same outfit with riding boots.  It's comfortable and for 7 or so hours in a booth the last thing I want is to be uncomfortable! 


Monday was a volunteer day and I was on shift all day at our Horse Judging Contest.  Again, the weather hasn't let up, so I was layered for the day. Button up, jacket, vest, scarf, eventually went to button up and vest later in the day.  Cowboy hat comes out a few times a year and I do love wearing a hat!  Most of the day was also spent in my rain boots since it was pouring all.day.long. 


Tuesday I worked the booth again, and stayed warm with fur vest, flannel shirt, leggings and my boots.  This vest and shirt have made many appearances on the blog, both are Ross finds.  I love a bargain!  I had several people stop at the booth that day to complement me, so kind!  Most people said they had both pieces but wouldn't have put together, but now they will. Perfect! I love inspiring putting together an outfit with pieces you already have! 
 
 
Also this day was the cutest cattle show I've ever seen! Little bitties showing little bitty bulls and steers with parents alongside to help out. I loved showing horses and the lessons I learned from the barn, practice pen and show arena have stayed with me all of my life! It's so great to see next generations coming up in the show barn!
 
So, no matter what you're doing out at the Rodeo, here's a few inspirations for your day.  More to come!
 
Let's Rodeo!

No comments:

Post a Comment