Saturday, April 18, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ 04.17.14 {End of the 5th(!!!) 6-weeks!}

After being sidelined all weekend with a sinus infection, I thought I was on the up and up a bit Monday morning.  Until about 10:45 hit and a massive migraine like pressure headache came with it.  If you're a regular sufferer of sinus pressure, bless you.  I have new found empathy.  I've NEVER had that in my life, and it. is. miserable.  Every time I bent down to put the leash on my dog, I wasn't sure if I could pick my head up again or not! 



Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.



Monday morning was storming, and so it was another good day for boots. Easiest thing to go with boots: leggings and a tunic! I mentioned this Banana Republic tunic in my Rodeo posts, and here's another look. These leggings are several years old, from a boutique somewhere along the road, possibly LaVida Loca, they always have great reasonably priced leggings! The arrow necklace was a special gift from my church Women's Retreat over the weekend. More about that to come...


Tuesday, our community partners were at school for our Take Flight mentoring program, so it was "uniform day" of Take Flight T's and Jeans. 


Wednesday, skirt and dress days are finally returning.  {I just need a little sunshine on my legs.} My favorite thing to pair with this skirt is navy or denim and our T from retreat happened to be navy and gold. Our theme was "Like a Girl" and was so good with teaching on belonging, believing, beloved and being brave.  Today's stack was a mix of silver/brown and gold with a bow almost on top.  If you don't own a jean jacket, I highly recommend it!  Perfect for when the seasons are changing! 


After looking back at last week, it looks like black & white with a little green is a "thing" for me right now. Again, a classic look for me that has always worked well, wide leg pants, sleeveless top and heels.  Today's just happen to be a spring green patent! The great thing about this stack of bangles, they are fabric wrapped and they don't make any noise!  Added a mirror-like belt and was ready for Thursday.  In my days working at Ernst and Young this was my uniform, except often with a Harold Powell cardigan twin set. :)


TGIF! I always love Friday.  And especially when our students get out at 11:35 and it's the end of the 5th 6 weeks meaning just over 30 school days until summer! This Spring has been a tough one for a lot of reasons and I'm trying not to count down the days in misery, but will be thankful for the season to pass.


Have a great weekend! Post coming up soon on Spring transition...things to wear for the weekend!

 
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie: I love your outfits - you've got style and flair - and you look good in everything! I hope your sinus infection/allergies get better quickly! And those green pumps... wowsa!

    ReplyDelete