Monday, April 13, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ 04.10.15 {5 Days of Work Week}

I realized this was going to be the first week I've worked 5 regular days in I believe a month. Not that I haven't worked a 5 or 6 or 7 day week, but just 5 regular school days in a row.  However, it started with jeans day and so if it's 5 school days and they start and end with jeans, I'm a happy girl.  Jeans are my love language

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

Monday as the NCAA finals. {Sidenote: If you're like me and don't really follow this sporting event, it was a big deal Kentucky got beat by Wisconsin and since I am a Texans fan, which really means a JJ Watt fan, I defaulted to pick Wisconsin since they were the underdogs and I know there's a Duke Dynasty of Basketball, but I always like a good comeback story and Wisconsin almost did it!} I'm also not a Razorback, but by way of a good friend, I cheer for the Razorbacks and they also have a pretty good basketball team, so all that to say, here's my Monday jeans + team T for NCAA finals day!


This lime green top is one of my favorites, but it doesn't layer really well with a cardigan for winter, so when the weather warms up I love to wear it.  I don't even know where this is from, probably somewhere like Marshall's/TJMaxx.  I've always been a fan of classic "professional" and it's hard to beat a cute top with black dress pants and heels in my opinion.  Especially when those are leopard heels! :)


Wednesday, white jeans have been calling out from the depths of cold, rain and dreary days.  Finally wore them with a simple blue and white stripe "boyfriend" {Gap, ca. 2005} button up and open toe cognac heels.  No secret I love stack rings, and I haven't posted a stack in a while! I have a collection of various rings and just mix and match them on a daily basis. They are from all over, boutiques, Brighton, Pandora, Nordstrom, Amazon and more.  None are expensive, and stack rings is one of my favorite "pieces" of jewelry to wear. 


OOOPPPPSSSSSS!!! I woke up at 7:05 this day!  {I'm supposed to be at school at 7:10!} I've always been known to sleep through my alarm and never even know I turned it off, but I haven't done it in a LONG time until Thursday.  Fortunately I had my clothes picked out and I don't have a 1st period.  #Reallife these pics are after school because in 11 minutes I got dressed, washed my face, put my *clean* hair in a bun, packed up my makeup, packed up my lunch, walked my dog and was out the door! These pants are from Target and my favorite thing to wear with them is stripes.  I have tried solid colors and more, and I always come back to stripes.


TGIF!  Friday, end of the week and a women's retreat for my church ahead on the weekend agenda.  Just a regular spirit day of school T + jeans.  I do love this T from our Student Council {aka "StuCo" if you speak High School}.  Believe there is good in the World/Be the good in the world!  A good motto for life!


Made it through the week. And, honestly the 7:05 sleeping in should have been a warning, a nasty sinus infection finally took over and sidelined me Saturday afternoon and ALL. DAY. SUNDAY.  After 3 weeks of fighting the crud/cold/allergies...it won. 

 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment