Saturday, May 2, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ 05.01.15 {May Day}

Hello to May!  The end of the school year is drawing near, the days are longer, the evenings sunny, the Texas weather has shown off this week, I wish I could capture the air. Cool mornings and evenings with warm sunshine in between.  And, amen for the low humidity, such a treat! After weeks of rainy days, all is green and we are not heading into summer with extreme drought conditions. 

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

This week I felt like was all over the place as far as "wearing".  I picked up this moto vest one day on the {shocking} Target clearance rack. I think it was about $8. I've worn it for 80's day and also not as part of a costume unless you count dressing up as a teacher a costume.  Pop of turquoise peeking out and a long time version of a tassel necklace I have had. These are pretty much  everywhere, in all price ranges and easy to add to a simple T or tank. It is time to start baring arms around here which also means I've been picking up my 3lb weights in the evenings for a few quick curls and such. 


Stripes and flowers are 2 of my favorite patterns to mix.  I know there are still people who aren't on the maxi-skirt train, but seriously, so easy, comfortable and available in so many color options.  Denim jackets or vests are always my go-to with these skirts. I also feel like they are a sign of summer coming. Hot pink oversize stud earrings are Walmart $2.88, which I foresee these going with my Nike shorts a lot this summer!  Did I mention 22.5 days remain with students....


Wednesday morning found temps just above 50 and that makes me a Happy Camper! I picked this tank up shopping with my bestie at Antiques Week in Round Top this Spring. I've seen Happy Camper t's and tanks for anywhere from $29 - $48, but we snapped these up for $16. I am certain this will get repeat wear over the summer, starting in 22.5 days....These colored khakis from Gap have been a favorite for a long time.  I am hoping they come out with more bright colors.  Stripe cardigan is a last year Marshalls find, again stripes are one of my go-to neutrals. And, of course leopard.


Thursday was still a little chilly, today's scarf + cardigan work uniform was perfect for days like this when afternoon temps are pushing 80 as the sleeves are lace, so not sweater warm.  I have always loved stacks of bracelets and sometimes just don't take the time to put them on in the morning, but did this day. I really love stacks that are mixed silver & gold. 


Average Friday jeans + spirit shirt. It's always a fun day to give a little prize to a friend, and I had these oversize studs to drop off for my school bestie.  Little did I know she had already dropped off a surprise coffee on my desk too!  Good way to end the week. Looking back, this is the 3rd day in a row I had on some sort of leopard, today was just a little skinny belt. Excessive? Maybe.  But, I'm not judging. 


Maybe I wasn't so all over the place on my wearing this week....not only did I wear leopard 3 times I also wore 2 vests?!  I've confessed my love for the puffy vest before, but apparently it goes beyond the puffy vest based on this week and since last week also included military vest.

Overall this week went fast.  Several evenings at home, lettering custom canvas, jogs in the neighborhood and a night out on a patio for crawfish.  Good times Spring time!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment