Saturday, April 25, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ 04.24.15 {Cold & then Hot}

I know Katy Perry says you're hot and then cold, but this week the weather proved once again that Spring in Texas is unpredictable. Much like the person she's singing about.


Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.



Monday morning I let my dog out expecting the semi-warm temps we've been experiencing to be met instead with chilly north wind and temps right at 60°! However, we are past middle April, so I chose monochromatic white layered with new military vest I picked up recently at Marshall's to combat the "cold". I've watched these vests for a long time, never finding one I really loved. Finally ran across this one on a rack with ones that have been in store and figured out the difference.  This one isn't quite as washed and has a little more shape to it. I foresee wearing it with lots of combinations, including shorts as the temps warm...and stay warm.





Tuesday morning started the same and I was better prepared for it. Figured this might be the last chance for a sweater, so wore an old Old Navy favorite layered with a sleeveless button up. Gray pants and leopard heels to mix it up.  I wish Nine West would come out with these same shoes another season. I'm going to hold out for what goes out comes back.  However, I'm a little disturbed by the return of culottes....





Wednesday and the Spring temps were starting to return. I've realized on Wednesdays I wear a ponytail. Mid-week, should have washed my hair, but it will last one more day. This leopard shirt was half tucked when I left, full tucked a couple of times and untucked by time I left school.  It's a good versatile top, also found at Marshall's.  Wore all gold accessories and stacked up bracelets with my long time favorite Michael Kors Runway watch.





Thursday I was out of the classroom, but into a workroom and writing curriculum all day.  I wasn't sure about this task as I've never done this before, but it was pretty fun for me. I really should have had a pic in the jacket I ended up wearing all day, due to Admin Building freeze-out temps, which was my favorite Columbia rain coat because it currently lives in my car and I forgot to grab anything different as I was walking out the door. Apparently I was too focused on not having to pack my lunch and getting Chick Fil A for breakfast and eating lunch out on a workday. It was like the glory days of corporate life!





Fri-yay! If you were anticipating the #LillyForTarget release last Sunday you probably saw all the cute scarves with pompoms and tassels on them. However unless you were an octopus at Target and could reach from clothes to accessories to housewares with all of your arms at once between 8:00:00 and 8:00:05 you probably didn't get much more than one of those items. Fortunately I got the dress I wanted,but the entire-rack-snatchers had all the accessories in their buggies for eBay before I got a scarf. You know who had them, without a fuss, for $6.97 and in my school colors?!? WALMART!! For the win! Tossed it on with a Friday spirit shirt and called it good!





From 60° to almost breaking 90°, it was your average Spring week in Texas!



Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment