Saturday, October 31, 2015

#write31days - Oct 30 - WAITing on eternity

{I took a late "nap" after work, that lasted a few hours, and crossed the midnight line, but I couldn't NOT write when it's down to the last 2 days of #write31days!! It's still technically the 30th to me. That was a nap and I've been thinking about this all day.}  

This morning before work I opened my Jesus Today book to my marker and this was the reading...

As the writing everyday on WAIT comes to an end, I have thought about one of life's most significant WAITs and it is to eternity with Jesus.  He knows the days numbered for each of us, so whether young or old, eternity aWAITs for those who believe in Him. 

Today's reading also included one of my favorite verses: "Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4. I've learned as I have grown in my faith and through seasons that seem like I don't get the desires of my heart, they can't be my selfish desires, I have to be seeking God and aligning my heart with his. Easier said than done, but when I am obedient to him and believing in him, I know he desires the best for me, and I believe and WAIT resting in that truth. 

No matter what life throws our way, the various types of WAITing we do, on this earth through the WAIT I believe God - His plan and His purpose. It was a good reminder, especially for one who is a creative type, who often thinks God might need a little "help", that He is Creator of the universe and is plenty, and way more, creative than I can imagine. WAITing on Him and believing in Him is worth it. 

For now. 

And, forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment