Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What I'm Wearing ~ Spring Fun & Rodeo

As per usual there have been days this Spring pushing 90 degrees followed by days in the 60s. I really don't mind weather like this because I love layers (as posted here) and even when it's warm outside, I'm typically cold inside places.

Kicked off a couple of months of a full calendar with work, travel, Rodeo and other events at my Rodeo Committee fundraiser. I picked this dress up at Target (shocking I know) but it was seriously like $8!!?!? #bargainshopper And, like nothing else I have, really I don't have hardly any pink or red in my closet. You can't  see in pics, but has a flared sleeve with a lace detail just above the elbow. This  is my favorite kind of dress for a party, comfortable. Felt like it was a lot of black, so mixed in white clutch for a little contrast and (again, shocking) a stack of bracelets! #creatureofhabit
This sweater is old, another from Old Navy, and sometimes I need a reminder when life might get me down a little to love life. Despite the seasons and the ups and downs, the hard days and good times, all of it makes me who I am and I do love this life I live.
Rodeo Houston BBQ weekend turned  out to be perfect weather this year, a little chilly, but not miserable and sun shining too!  With all the heat from BBQ pits, I definitely choose chilly over hot, but last year was one for the books of freezing cold and wind, so thankful wasn't like that this year. If you've read here for long, you've seen this buffalo check dress numerous times, paired with boots and a bandanna scarf (can I get an Amen for this cute trend though it may be fleeting) and leopard clutch. Friday night I wore a new-ish gray tunic I picked up at a cute new boutique in my hometown. Again, a little chilly and fur vest was easy layer for this night. Saturday I was in debate of going or not, but who am I kidding when the sun is shining and it's BBQ, I can't say no. This plaid is another one I've worn a ton and paired with the same 7 For All Mankind flares I've also posted repeatedly. :) #creatureofhabit
This was a work day, and again, flares are a favorite for me plus a peasant top. It is clear I subscribe to Jenna Lyons (Creative Director of JCrew) and her now famous "leopard is a neutral" theory my leopard pumps (and clutch) are on frequent rotation. I mentioned this sweet dog I adopted here (The 6's) but, sadly she had parvo and didn't survive. But, when I squatted down and she came right over, I fell hard for her little scruffy self.
Further proving #creatureofhabit here's the black and white plaid again and the booties I mentioned last post (click here) plus a new pair of high waist flares. Mom and I were in Waco for Beth Moore event and we had a little time to kill. Stopped into a Gap and I checked, as always, the sale rack. Found these jeans, in my size and a long length, on the clearance rack which happened to be extra 50% off. I thought $20 was a steal, but when I went to check out she told me my total was $8,10!! WHAT?!?! Apparently they were down to $15 and 50% off. That's my kind of shopping.
Speaking of bargains...A friend recently asked me about how I always find deals. Pretty much that's just what I look for and how my Mama taught me shopping. Often I see things I like in a store, and will just take note, then watch and see when they go on sale, or sometimes I only look at sale rack in a store.  Places like Marshalls and TJMaxx are my favorites, but can't always go in looking for something specific and have to visit regularly. I realize running in and out of stores isn't always realistic in everyone's schedule, but I only go every couple of weeks or so, not even weekly. 

Here's a few more looks from Rodeo fun...left to right... (1) a typical day "on shift" volunteering with my committee. Vest, button up and my hat. Of course with jeans and boots. But, this year I wised up a little and wore my favorite Twisted X booties when I was going to be walking on concrete all day. A trick learned from days on the road.     (2) Anther day volunteering, this time for one of my all time favorite events, the Lil Rustlers Rodeo. Getting to dress up as a rodeo clown and bring smiles to children and families who are overcoming various challenges is a huge blessing to me!     (3) Another fun party during the Show, and this time wore an Old Navy romper paired with boots. Will repeat this spring with wedges too. If you're tall like me (5'9") then rompers off the rack don't typically fit, but places like Gap, Old Navy, Loft all have Tall sizing and regularly have 30%-40% off any purchase. Never pay full price at those stores!!!     (4) This night was with my fellow committee leadership, a treat for us to get to hang out and in a suite with our Officer in Charge. We work lots of early mornings and long days, because we love these contests and volunteering, but it is sure fun when not on a shift to just get to hang out! Dress is years old from a  boutique and a little short for me by itself, so always pair with a little lace skirt under and had a cardigan on too since it was a little chilly. 

Thanks for reading and remember to love life! Click over to The Pleated Poppy for more What I Wore posts! 
pleated poppy

Keep up with me on Facebook and Instagram

Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment