Saturday, June 4, 2016

What I'm Wearing ~ Spring Weekends

It is June, summer is officially here, and that includes 3 days weekends for me, but not without earning my "40 in 4" first! :)


I wore this button up and shorts to a crawfish boil fundraiser for St. Jude. The shorts are recent from Target (which they have been on sale lately) and the shirt is also from Target, "boyfriend" button up from the men's section. Navy gingham is available pretty much everywhere, Target, JCrew, Gap, etc., so you're sure to find one that fits you.  Mixing floral with either stripes, gingham or polka dot is one of my favorite things, so I knew when I got these shorts I would definitely have a couple of different things to pair with them. The monogram pendant is Stella and Dot and the earrings are from Sam Moon.
Photo Credit: Quy Tran Photography
Friday leading into Memorial Day weekend I stopped in Anthropologie for a shirt I had seen and they were having their regular "Sale on Sale".  I didn't end up with the shirt, but did end up with these gray jeans for $20. The brand is Level 99, which I've never worn, but they are perfect length for me off the rack (I'm 5'9") , which doesn't usually happen and fit same sizing as I typically wear.  
\
Not to be left on the hanger, I wore them out Saturday night for the first time! I know I will get lots of use out of these jeans!  This tank is JCrew, necklace is Kendra Scott, Clutch is from Francesca's and the stack of bangles is a collection from several places. The wedges are the exact same as above, from Splendid but in gold.  
Casual Friday work leads into casual Friday night. T is from Nordstrom and jeans are JCrew. Half tuck, add flats and I was out the door.
Most days when I'm asked about what I'm wearing out on the weekends, especially in cooler months my answer is typically "jeans and a T". That will always include accessories, see above "jeans and tank", but when I saw this T from Nordstrom it was the perfect time to cash in rewards and order. I guess since it is a fancy going-out-shirt, it was shipped bagged and on a hanger. I wore it out to the movies the night I got it. With jeans. :) 
In any other year I would also be wearing bathing suits by now (though I'm not posting pics of myself in them) and I picked these pieces up at Target and Athleta for the rash guard. I'm hopeful for some pool time soon. 
However, Texas has been enduring major rains for weeks and historic flooding that surpasses "500 Year Floods". The rains have been across our whole state, from the panhandle, to central Texas and slamming Gulf Coast and east Texas. Would you say a prayer for those who have lost their homes, their businesses,  their farms and there have also been numerous lives lost over these weeks. There are many weeks of cleanup and rebuilding ahead for so many.

For more "what i wore" gingham click to link up on The Pleated Poppy!
Stay connected via Facebook and Instagram

Here's to brighter days ahead and summer weekends of good memories.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment