Monday, September 12, 2016

Monday Musings ~ Summer Lights

...a few thoughts, a little scattered...

This summer I was outside lots of evenings, and so many places had lights strung in the trees and across the patios.  

I kept noticing them... 
There's something about summer nights I love...

I don't even realize what time it is because if it's still daylight, I think it's about 5:30. 
But, really in the summer it could be approaching 9pm. 

I don't think I would live well where there is 22 or 23 hours of daylight. 
But, I love those long summer nights. 

The life lived outside in the summer is sweet. 

Patios. 
Grilling out.
Porches. 
Swings. 
Docks. 
Bike rides.
Live music. 
Backyards.
Cocktails. 
Pool side. 
Walks.
Festivals. 
City streets. 

Slower pace. 
Time to linger. 


Love those summer nights under the twinkling lights. 

Summer '16, you were a sweet one. 
Here's to the fall and harvest moon lighting the sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment