Saturday, May 6, 2017

2017. Every day. (04.30.17)

I love taking pictures, the every day, the mundane, the big, the fun, the celebrating, even the hard. Images I want to remember.  So, this year, I'm documenting my everyday. A photo a day for my FB/IG and then writing the stories of each on my blog weekly. 

So, welcome to (May) 2017!

04.30.17
Sunday's have looked a lot like this lately, watching the sunshine through the windows while working on a school paper.  I did get out for a walk of course, and though these days seem long, I've already completed a school year's worth of MBA!  Summer sessions to go, and next year. August 2018 will be here in no time flat and graduation too!


05.01.17
May.  This year is flying.
I have had "dust" on my to-do list for forever, but heck, it just gets pushed off. Who likes to dust? And, there's 100 other things to do instead of dust.
Though, I know I was at a high point of paper-writing procrastination when I did do a quick bit of dusting and vacuuming a few days prior.  If you're in need of a hand-held vac, this Black and Decker one is so great!  Look for it online or at Walmart, Target, etc..


{05.01.17 - Bonus}
I posted this on my Facebook page, and it's worth remembering for this week:

Sometimes Mondays are productive even when you get home late from work....
Walk with Auggie 
Make dinner 
Wash dishes 
DUST 
Laundry folded 
Blog  
Laundry put away 
Dishes put away 
Astros on the TV with a win 
Squats 

Homework 
(caught up as of yesterday, and start again tomorrow for final paper of the semester)
In the midst of a season of some very good things and some very hard things, days like this make me feel like me!! Also, super thankful for friends who check in on me in this season.
Nite nite!

05.02.17
10 months with the Auggie dog today! 
Read all about him on last week's post, click here

05.03.17
Memorial Park will always be my favorite trail of Houston.  Great evening walk with a bestie. I love walking, talking and sorting out life with my besties. Always refreshes me!

05.04.17
I'm volunteering at a gala next week, so we had a volunteer training. Always fun to see friends and meet new people too. Not to mention yummy snacks from Zoe's Kitchen!

05.05.17
Happy Cinco de Mayo! 
and, HAPPIER JEANS DAY at work with Rockets gear!  We're in the midst of NBA playoffs here where the Rockets are trying to #RunAsOne, if they can keep it together....
No matter what, I'll support them, especially if it means jeans at work!

{05.05.17 - Bonus}
Went to Happy Hour at one of my favorite neighborhood places with the best patio and a few work friends. Their "mule" is a good patio treat, since I don't drink margaritas.

05.06.17
The last week has been hard.  I found out Saturday that one of my friends and fellow Vice Chairman on one of my Rodeo Committees passed away suddenly from a massive heart attack while on polo field. He was the kind of guy with such a presence, one that leaves a void that will be felt for a long time. We celebrated his life on Saturday at a Polo Field, an absolutely beautiful day, with many tears as stories were told from the great life he lived and impact he made.

This is just a fraction of our committee, but we have all labored together from early mornings to late at night, with tons of laughs, become dear friends, and this day, lots of tears shed. 
The Houston Polo Club honored Daren's life on Sunday with the riderless horse. Though I wasn't there, this picture is a visual I want to remember, missing one great rider. 
Would you pray for his wife, and family, and various friend groups? 

Take care of your people, tell them they matter.
This year is flying by, and reminded, again, life is but a fleeting moment. 
Thankfully, we'll be reunited one day on polo fields of gold, in eternity with Jesus.

Thank you for reading, and would love for you to stay in touch!
Subscribe to the Blog 
(Mobile: scroll to bottom of page, click "web version" and enter email on top right corner. 
Computer: scroll up to top right, below header and enter email address. 
Verify and you'll get new posts straight to your inbox!)

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment