Friday, October 24, 2014

#Write31Days - Oct 24 - Friday Favs

...we interrupt the #Write31Days challenge of stories for Friday Favorites!

Momfessionals
Linking up for Friday favs...with Andrea, Erica & Narci
 
 
Happy Friday!  It has been a regular week around here, 5 work days and all. This week at school was pink out, check back tomorrow, I wore pink every day in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. 
 
One of my favorite things this week was seeing my nephew in his school program - the 2nd grade was SWAMPY!  They did a fantastic job with cute songs, all dressed up in animal costumes and tons of fun rhymes to tell a story between songs.  He was the cutest frog on the stage! :)
Insert Pic Here
He's my nephew,
not my child, so I
don't put pics of
the Littles (my nephew
+ nieces) on the
Blog.  But, you
can imagine, he
was cute.  :) 
 
Back to the favs...here's a few from this week...mostly about PUMPKINS!! 
 
Little mini pumpkin patch in the fields of Texas Antiques Week.
 
Speaking of, did you know PopTarts makes a seasonal pumpkin pie PopTart?  I couldn't bring myself to buy those.  But, I did try the Pumpkin Oreos and they were pretty tasty.  However, I prefer homemade pumpkin treats, pumpkin pie being my all-time-favorite pie and the closest rival is pumpkin roll both of which my Mom will sometimes make "out of season" for me. 
 
Having a school bestie who loves pumpkin as much as me who also loves to bake more than me and actually does MUCH more than me....I get treats like this at work...pumpkin chocolate chip bread! Since I'm an honorary member by location proximity of her department, I have also had pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies and a couple of other pumpkin treats which show up in the workroom! 
 

I don't have a front porch or yard to decorate with pumpkins, so thought I would give these "pumpkins" a shot...
Shiner Oktoberfest - I like it more than the Blue Moon, but don't love it
Angry Orchard Crisp Apple - I already know I like this, so saving it for last :)
Goose Island Rambler IPA - tasted & poured out, didn't like it at all.
Saint Arnold Oktoberfest - haven't tried it yet
Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale - one step above Goose Island, but didn't love it.
Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat - the best of the ones I've tried to far. 

Before you judge me about my tastes, I'm a simple beer girl, not very often and not fancy "craft beer" which really I sometimes question if it's just all a marketing scheme...none of these are a new favorite unfortunately.

I did pick up some fun decor for my school rooms....Boo to You!

And these glitter pumpkins that I stalked at a local gift shop until they were reasonably priced, which was finally this summer.  Tags on them were $36.99 each which someone has lost their mind over, but I kept my focus and got them both for about $9! #goodthingscometothosewhowait The little Trick or Treat sign was I think $2.  Perfect for the school room!


And, these are not pumpkin, but are sort of fall-ish and one of my favorite snacks.  I find them at Marshall's or TJMaxx and when I find them I buy a couple of packs.  I don't know where you can buy these regularly, but they are delish!!  And, that is coming from someone who pretty much never ate nuts until about a year ago, but I still don't like pecans or walnuts in baked goods...that RUINS them! :)  haha! Cranberry + Almond, that is my favorite combination!


Have a great weekend!  Connect with me on Facebook or grab the Bloglovin button on the side bar!

Here's to all treats and no tricks this weekend,


2 comments:

  1. I am such a run of the mill beer girl. I do like Wood Chuck! Nothing beats some TJ Maxx or Marshalls for decorations...LOVE those places. I hope your weekend is awesome! Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brownie - thank you for reading! Have a great weekend and good finds at the TJ & Marshall's! :)

    ReplyDelete