Friday, October 3, 2014

#Write31Days - Oct 3 - Friday Favorites

...we interrupt the #Write31Days challenge of stories for Friday Favorites! 

Momfessionals
Linking up for Friday favs...with Andrea, Erica & Narci
 
 
Just a few things that have my attention this week....
 
Metallic pens and handwritten cards....
I've always loved the handwritten note and have started taking more time to actually "letter" my cards and addresses with a little bit of fancy writing.  Even doing this on my calendar, it makes trips a little more fun to look forward to as well!  These metallic pens are by Pentel and the only place I've found them consistently (2 gold, 2 silver or gold/silver duo) is Hobby Lobby.  I also am a big fan of the super fine 0.38 Pilot G-2.  

Metallic spray paint....
Seeing a theme?   I picked up this can of spray paint for a specific project, but have reached back to it a handful of times.  I never noticed it says "quick dry" until I snapped the pic, but it is literally almost dry upon contact.  A quick coat of paint has changed up a couple of items for me and it really is shiny metallic looking.  I believe this also comes in gold, and maybe bronze.  I bought it at Walmart or Hobby Lobby, can't remember which. 
 
This was a bubblegum pink jewelry holder, and now it's shining bright displaying the
 
These letters were the original purpose for getting metallic paint and I love how they turned out!  Every day JOY, not just for Christmas!
 
And, since I had it, worked on this frame project too!  Had 4 cheap solid black frames and needed to paint 2 of them for the black cards to show off, 5 minutes on my porch and done!
 
Get the spray paint!  :) 
 
Next up...The Perfect Hair Day and Clean and Clear Skin...
Every one's dream, perfect hair and skin?!  A friend told me about this "Perfect Hair Day" product, and I've only used it a handful of times and it really does do the trick!  It is from Jennifer Aniston's line of products called Living Proof, so it should result in a perfect hair day, just not "the Rachel".  You will only need a tiny, think half dime size, amount, even for my thick hair that's below shoulder length and you'll notice a difference in the texture.  I typically don't dry my hair much at all, but some days I have to dry it completely and this makes a big difference!  My hair is noticeably less frizzy and stays that way too! Also, recently found this Clean and Clear product for the occasional breakout. I've always used Persa-gel, but tried a new one and I like it.  Both products I picked up at Ulta, and be sure to get a coupon online before you go! 
 
 
And, finally, bike rides...weren't one of my favorite things as a kid, but is definitely a favorite thing now!  Click to read the first story in my quest to write for 31 days!
This was the day I got my bike a year ago... :)
 
Thank you for reading! Connect with me via Facebook or grab the Bloglovin button on the sidebar.
 
Blessings,
 


4 comments:

  1. I loved your post!

    Please check out my favorites!
    http://isayascorner.blogspot.com.es/

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fancy writing is gorgeous!!
    That spray paint looks awesome--I will be buying some soon!
    Have a great weekend, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isaya, Rachel and Queen in Between...thank you for your sweet comments! Have a great week ahead! - Angie

    ReplyDelete