Monday, October 27, 2014

#Write31Days - Oct 27 - (un)comfortable

Today was a hard day.  I don't have much to say really.... 

One of my dear school friends mother has been battling cancer, she was told she has 3 to 4 months to live.  One of my college besties was told her Dad's cancer has progressed, that chemo isn't an option any more, that his body is too weak, and the next step is meeting with Doctors to determine his care and to keep him comfortable. 

What about any of that is comfortable?! None of it.  

We knew this cancer was growing, we talked about it at the funeral of my other college bestie's Dad just a couple of months ago. But, we didn't know how soon it could or would decline. These are uncomfortable days, appointments, conversations and decisions. 


Dying I feel like is a hot topic right now, specifically dying of cancer. I just read the interview/article last week of Brittany Maynard who's intending/choosing to end her life this week due to aggressive brain cancer. A story which has sparked lots of debate, none of which I care to give an opinion to. 

We will pray for dignity through the last of their days and for mercy to not be long suffering. Despite circumstance, I am thankful and know that my friend's Mother and my bestie's Father have hope.  Hope in eternity.  Hope beyond this temporary body.  Hope in Jesus. 
 
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul..firm and secure.  Hebrews 6:19

For that I will rest in.  It is the one part of all of this that can give comfort.

Trusting in Jesus,



No comments:

Post a Comment