Friday, October 31, 2014

#Write31Days - Oct 31 - Friday Favs

And the end of the #Write31Days challenge has come!  It's Friday, so time for Friday Favs!

Momfessionals
Linking up for Friday favs...with Andrea, Erica & Narci
 
Last Saturday included several of my favorites...
 
The weather is cooling off and the morning was perfect for outside breakfast with a friend.  Saturday breakfast is one of my very favorite things and one I miss the most living in the burbs...but it's worth the drive every time! 
 
My Mom treated me to this new fleece...perfect find from Academy in the LITTLE girls department.  It's Columbia brand and 1/2 the price of Women's and fit me better than any women's Columbia jacket I've ever tried on.  I am tall, so this was a shocker that the sleeves were long enough too. It even has a place for me to write my name on the inside, ha!
 
Patterned and colored running tights are every where this year and I snagged this pair from my favorite place, Marshall's.  I have a feeling they will be on repeat this winter!   
 
One of my favorite things about breakfast on Saturday is not being  rushed.  I love to drink coffee when I can sit and chat for a few cups of coffee.  It really is the best start to my Saturday. 
 

Littles are my favorite and I babysat this sweet boy on Saturday. The gift of time is one I never take for granted and am reminded of the simple joys from children regularly.  We walked to the park, chased shadows and celebrated catching them.  I've babysat since I was 11 or so, and rocking babies has always been my favorite. We rocked at nap time and I was thankful for sweet friends and their families that I get to be a part of. Reminded me of the days of rocking my nephew and nieces! 
 

 
Volunteering is one of my favorite things and speaking recently to 4H Leadership Council about Rodeo Houston scholarships brought back so many great memories growing up.  I was a member of 4H Sewing and Horse clubs and there were so many things I learned about responsibility and leadership through participating in 4H (and FFA) so it is great to be able to give back to those organizations.  The amount of money awarded through Rodeo Houston for Scholarships is amazing and to be able to encourage students and talk with parents about the scholarhsips is a blessing!
 
Big Mama featured this scarf a couple of weeks ago on Fashion Friday. I've been looking for a plaid infinity scarf and it was even on sale so I picked it up.  This was the first time to wear it and I'm very happy with it!  


Thank you for reading!  Connect with me on Facebook or via Bloglovin button on the sidebar!

Have a great Friday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment