Saturday, February 14, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ 02.13.15 {Valentine's Week}

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope your day is surrounded by all the people and things you love.  Whether that means a special someone, your besties, doing something just for yourself, spending time with your family or any combination, have a great day!

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have signed up for Pinterest, so if there's something you like, you can "pin it" to save. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

Before I took on a friend's challenge to wear pink or red every day in February until Valentine's Day I wore this on Monday!  Gap cropped black pants with suede heels and a cross print top.  I was recently at Walmart and saw they have these layer necklaces for $7 and they come in lots of fun colors.  I got mine from Sam Moon I think for close to the same price, but if you're looking for fun accessory, these are great necklaces! If you see a bright almost neon green one show up on here, you'll know I caved and got it at Walmart....


Pink/Red challenge accepted for the rest of the week! Tuesday I added a little variety to my leopard collection with this magenta/navy/taupe scarf. Wore it with navy pants and taupe booties.  This top is the same one from a couple of weeks ago layered under my camo shirt.  I ordered 2 of these scarfs and gave one as a hostess gift at Craft Night! :)


I realized on Tuesday when I got to school I missed a jeans day. I hate to miss jeans day.  I really wanted a make-up day, but alas, I didn't get that. However palazzo pants are just about like pajamas, so it was ok.  Pink palazzos also meet the wear pink and red challenge, so it was a win win!  These pants will also show up from time to time with cowboy boots during rodeo! You know that's a Hanes T peeking out too! :) If you're not a believe in the Hanes T by now, you should be!


Since Friday is a jeans day and requires school spirit shirt Thursday I wore my heart on my sleeve Thursday.  With of course a little leopard peeking out...


TGIF and it's a 3 DAY WEEKEND!! Amen!!  This week has seen 3 days at school until 5pm and 2 days until 4pm. Thank goodness for the holiday.  Friday was PINK OUT for #PositiveMoJo!  Our Soccer Coach's daughter was diagnosed and treated for cancer last Fall. She had scans last week and there is a new tumor, so they are determining what do do and how to proceed with a second round of treatment. It is amazing to see students across all grades, sports and organizations support MoJo with big bows and pink!  Would you pray for her? 


Here's the week in review!
 
Wherever this Valentine's Day finds you, I pray that you remember the only One who will love and pursue you through all of life's ups and downs is Jesus. He loves you today and every day!
 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment