Sunday, October 4, 2015

#write31days - Oct 4 - WAIT, what's been going on?

I know it's only 4 days into the #Write31days challenge, but I don't want to neglect the things I want to remember, so Sunday will be a catch-up "WAIT, what's been going on?" in the midst of 31 days of writing about WAIT. (Click here) to catch up on the WAIT posts.

I feel like the month of September flew by!  I started back to school. had 3 weeks with students and finished up teaching my classes before I started my new job. Those 3 weeks were mentally, physically and emotionally exhausting. I was so thankful to have a week off in between which included family time, seeing friends and a little pool time in the final hot days of Summer (it's Fall most everywhere else) in Texas.
The Pioneer Woman has released a new collection at Walmart and I picked up these super cute measuring bowls. They are $7.86 I think and are so fun. I even used one recently for soy sauce to dip sushi! I love the whimsical pattern, which is called "Flea Market" and they go great with my kitchen. I have solid white dishes and mostly pewter serving pieces, so these won't just be for measuring! Bonus, Ree or "Ree's people", liked my Instagram photo, it's like we're one step away from BFF!  I've read her blog for many years, long before cookbooks, TV and kitchen collections!
Snail mail is one of my favorite things and I checked my mail one day to find 3 cards and treats in my box. What a sweet treat of words that encouraged me and new set of colored pencils + pouch for lettering and doodling.
Antiques Week is one of my favorite things and fortunately it comes two times a year! This year I "worked" (because it hardly seemed like work) with sweet friends from church and also did a little shopping.  The back-roads there on a Sunday morning were church out of the box...I listened to music, had a sermon playing and relished the sites along the way. Plus I spent 2 days alongside my sweet friend Annalee filling drink orders! She's a part of that community I mentioned yesterday (click here).
I love County Fairs, was a long time participant and Fair Queen too, so having the opportunity to judge a Queen's contest is always a treat! I have also had the opportunity to speak recently about the impact of 4-H, FFA and show life and I am so thankful for those experiences, they honestly had a huge contribution to who I am today. 
It's October and since I'm no longer in the classroom, that means no jeans + spirit shirt Fridays, and if you know me, you know I love jeans. #RIPJeansFridays For the month of October, I'm self proclaiming Fridays, #Pinktober Friday in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. I've had a couple of friends who have fought this disease & WON and am a long time participant in Komen events. Feel free to join in and show your support! Post your #Pinktober outfits and tag @signature_stylespacestory on Instagram so I can see!

This day was joggers with a black shirt making a faux-jumpsuit/romper look paired with pink floral scarf and earrings. For other recently wearing outfits including real romper (click here).
Blue Bell is back and we are all happy! I hope they have had a banner sales month! I like my Blue Bell as a night cap straight outta the pint! It is time for a couple of spoonfuls and bedtime ahead of another week. 
See you back here tomorrow for more on WAITing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment