Tuesday, June 14, 2016

What I Wore ~ 40 in 4

So, the "40 in 4" weeks are in full swing and even though it's only a couple of hours longer to the work day, what makes it the longest is days that I don't leave the office when we're typically out and about most days during the year.  However, I've been getting lots of projects completed and crossing things off my list, which makes this Type-A happy!  :)  Here's a few looks from recent work days...


Our Department Assistant aka Department Guru is pregnant and due later this summer, which we are all very excited about. I've been telling her to check out Target for a few maternity clothes because they always have great deals, and I have several friends who score great mom-to-be wear from Target. I think I wore this on a Monday and when I got to work she asked if I got this shirt from the maternity section because she just got one over the weekend too.  #blessmyheart  No. But, I love twinning just as much as I love stripes + camo so maybe one day soon we'll both show up in our stripes. Stay tuned... 
Speaking of stripes and Target...this outfit is the above but in reverse. Banana Republic button up and Target Who What Wear midi skirt.  I have previously posted this skirt in the original print and I have also seen new summer prints out, and also these on clearance racks.  #mixandmatch  Also, summer 2016, the summer I reverted to my Junior High trends of knots in shirts. #noshame
I picked these pants up on a Cartwheel women's sale at Target and I've posted about the cardigan a few times before too.  The pants are still in stock, {click here} and I have already worn them several times. They have also been paired with the stripe shirt above. This post is beginning to resemble results from the the likes of Cher's closet in Clueless.
That necklace above, $7 from Walmart a couple of years ago, also available in turquoise as seen below. :)  #creatureofhabit. The dress is also a few years old from Gap, one I found on the racks in a tall (touches the floor even with wedges!!) and my Mom took in the arms a little to make it fit me better.  Every time I wear this dress I get so many compliments when really I just feel like I'm one step above pajamas, and reminds me I should step out of the black dress comfort zone more often.  
Though "jeans Friday" is no longer in play, this was from the last Jeans Friday of the spring. This is another one my my summer tops I found at Marshall's; black, white, blue, yellow, pink, which goes with so many things and of course anything goes with jeans!  These are Gap "girlfriend" jeans, and the first of that style I have found to fit, as I've said before, try and try jeans and when you find a pair that fits, BUY!

Before you go, I've linked up with The Pleated Poppy  today, click over for more What I Wore posts, she has great style and finds the best thrift shop deals!  I need to scout out some local thrifts! 

And, connect with me via Instagram + Facebook

BeYOUtiful, 

2 comments:

  1. Stripes and camo! I never thought of stripes and camo! OMG! I am loving it! I love all of your looks, but it's the stripes and camo that I am going to copy. Thank you for the inspiration!

    Come check out my new On the Edge of the Week Link Up starting tomorrow and every Friday!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and definitely mix up the stripes with camo! Camo is a neutral! :) Thank you for reading, have a great day!

      Delete