Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What I'm Wearing ~ September

There's been a little touch of "Fall" in the air around here lately, cooler mornings, days with less humidity, but still lots of sunshine! Here's a few recent pics of what I've been wearing...

Disclaimer: What I'm Wearing is in hopes inspiration for your closet, that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. Follow me on Instagram (click here) to see what I'm wearing in between the posts. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.

I picked up this dress recently at Forever 21.  It was $12.90. I'm not a big XXI shopper, but bought a poncho sweater in NYC last year, had on too many layers to try on, so took it to the hotel and then realized no refunds at XXI and so I had a credit. I've searched through there quite a few times to no avail. Then, I found this charcoal knit dress and I really don't have anything this length. It can go sleeveless, with a cardigan, heels, flip flops, boots, booties, whatever, so I'm pretty sure I will get my $12.90's worth.
This Anthropologie jacket is over a year old, but it is still one of my favorites, and another one piece in my closet that goes with anything.  This day was with cowboy boots to speak at and judge a County Fair Queen pageant!  Can also be seen (here) and (here).
This was my Easter dress this year and repeated recently on Sunday. It is a Marshall's dress and I repeated it exactly as I did for Easter. All of the details are also in this post (click here) of Spring Style, which translates into early Fall too!
I've mentioned this shirt before (click here) and it has been on repeat....with shorts, heels and boots! This statement necklace is from Junk Gypsy and the skinny leopard belt is from Old Navy. This was for a night out to dinner celebrating my new job!
Point proven.... 
I love a romper, but have a hard time with them due to my height and being short-waisted. However, Old Navy came through with this one in a fun gray fall floral pattern and in tall size!  I wore it for church one Sunday. Long sleeves and shorts is one of my favorite combos, so this was an easy choice. If you own a romper, you know the only negative...bathroom breaks.
I picked up these leggings last year on clearance at Target, and they have been on repeat evenings and weekends. They are pretty much like a t-shirt in the form of pants and that is a win! This day was part of an intentional weekend of rest after long, hectic, stressful days and I sat in Starbucks with my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season and read while my dog was groomed.
Last look, school day in a pair of my favorite pants, that are also so comfy. They have about every color in them and go with denim, stripes, solids and this day polka-dots. I bought these on  porch during Texas Antiques Week in Round Top which is going on now too!
Here's hoping for days with the trifecta coming soon...cardigan, scarf and boot/ies!

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment