Friday, July 22, 2016

What I'm Wearing ~ Repeats and Pattern Mixes

Summer is in full swing, which means every day is just hot, hot, hot. So, dresses are the best for these types of days, which I've been wearing a lot!  Here's a few recent looks of what I've been wearing...



This dress is one that has been around for a while. It is from one of the designer collections at Target, a designer I have no idea who they are, and I remember finding this single dress on the sale rack and got it for about $8 or $9. I wore it for Easter 2014. You can see it previously styled with blue shoes {click here} and this time with black lace up heels. Funny how a pair of shoes can totally change the look of a dress and keep it fresh, even 2 year later. However, don't doubt I've still worn it with the blue heels. 
This top I've shown before {click here}with jeans and this day for work I had a moment of pattern mixing; one that may or may not really "go" together, but do patterns really go? They just work. And, I liked this combo, so I went with it. This skirt is a Loft find from a couple of years ago and is a great mustard yellow print, so it easily works year round. See it in previous posts {click here} and {click here}.

Last time I wore this Romper was for a Rodeo party with boots {click here}, and this time was Sunday church with wedges. It's an Old Navy romper from sometime in 2015 and the reason I got it was because it came in a tall-size. I think rompers are real cute, but there is no part of cute in too short of a waist or bottom of  the romper. These sunnies are new from local boutique in my home town, Able's Mercantile. They have such a fun collection of things and this is actually the 2nd pair of sunnies I've picked up from them. 


I have been in Austin twice this summer for workshops and this was the last day of one of them. The top is from Target, and jeans are from Loft a couple of years ago. If you put on a big necklace and some wedges maybe that will distract from 3-day-old-hair-in-top-knot!? :) I love monochromatic looks and also mixing grays and gold. Another recent gray jeans look with same necklace is {here}.
Since we're talking about repeats, here's two recents of the same dress. I debated this dress back and forth about every time I went into Target. When I caught the Cartwheel 40% off sale, I went for it and I've already worn is several times. Warning, it's pretty long and might require hemming for some. I am 5'9" and wearing 3" wedges in pics. I paired it with the leopard scarf for a bridal shower I was helping to host and the bandana + vest was one Sunday for church.
Last but not least...this is getting long. Here's another pattern mix with stripe pants for work. This top is new from the Who What Wear collection at Target and really looks like it is both navy and black, depending on what you put beside it. These pants are at least 10 years old from Zara. I can recall a pic I had them on in 2006 at a Sales Conference in Las Vegas and they were not new then.  #classics 
In case you missed it, that pup sneaking in the pic is new around here, you can read all about him {here}.

Also, linked up with The Pleated Poppy, click to see lots of fun outfit inspiration 
pleated poppy
Stay connected on Facebook {click here} and Instagram {click here}
(Not to promote "likes" but you have to click like to continue seeing posts in your news-feed.)
#algorithmcrazy

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment