Saturday, October 25, 2014

#Write31Days - Oct 25 - What I'm Wearing 10.24.14 - PINK OUT

 
In case you need some inspiration for your closet, my hope is that I can give you some ideas from what I'm wearing. What fits you doesn't always fit me. What fits me, doesn't always fit you. So, we all know the style of jeans that work best for us, the brands of shoes we love, etc. I'm not a "linker" to buy all of these outfits here. Truth be told, a lot of my clothes are many many years old and I pick up things all around the place. I'm don't update my wardrobe every season with the latest and greatest. I don't have Pinterest, so these are just my daily creations. Hopefully you're just inspired, maybe by something you have and didn't think about putting it together or maybe you are just looking for a simple accessory to add in and these posts can give you some ideas.
 
This week's theme day at school was "PINK OUT" in support of Breast Cancer Awareness, so I decided to wear pink every day!  It is well established, green is my favorite, so I don't have a ton of pink in my closet, but found just enough!
 
Monday...palazzo pants, denim and oversize pearls!   I found my first pair of these pants a few years ago and simply bought them because they were different AND long enough for me.  I've since added a few more pairs and love them, they are one step above pajamas in comfort and 10 steps above in looking put together.  Unless you don't like printed pants, then maybe they just rank as tacky.  But, I'm ok with that!  

Tuesday...pink + black.  I've held on to this pink skirt from the Gap through several moves and closet clean outs, every now and then it's just the right thing I need.  So, it was a definite wear for this week.  These booties are about 4" heel and another teacher commented on how high they were this week, then he was impressed I could also run down the hall in them...not that I was about to be late to my class...

Wednesday was the offical #PINKOUT...I wore one of my Ts from one of the 3 years I participated in the Susan Komen 3 day--a 60 mile walk in support of breast cancer.  I've had a dear friend who fought breast cancer, and WON as well as father of one of my besties...he also WON!  I walked with an amazing group of girls, spent nights in pink tents and the memories of survivors and family members along those miles will always hold special place in my heart.  Threw in a little leopard and floral print tank under the burnout to mix it up. 

Thursday, did you just say leopard?  Yep - again. It (and camo) are a neutral. :)  This scarf has anchors on it.  One of my favorite verses is "We have this hope is the anchor of the soul, firm and secure." Hebrews 6:19 and I thought several times about those currently fighting cancer and those who are mourning ones who cancer took too soon.  For all of life's struggle, Jesus is hope and the anchor of the soul. 

Friday, #PINKOUT for football game! Got this T with my besties while in Round Top this year and paired it with jeans, little glitter belt and suede heels.  And, realized on the 5-day picture that I wore a scarf every.day.  Welcome to fall in my wardrobe.  Last year a student told me they were going to dress up like me and wear a cardigan and a scarf. It does become my fall/winter work uniform.  :) 

PINK OUT!  For any of you who are fighting or have family/friends fighting Breast Cancer, this is for you!  Wear your pink in support, my prayers that they win the battle and may you always have hope in eternity!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment