Saturday, January 21, 2017

2017. Every day. (01.15.17)

I love taking pictures, the every day, the mundane, the big, the fun, the celebrating, even the hard. Images I want to remember.  So, this year, I'm documenting my everyday. A photo a day for my FB/IG and then writing the stories of each on my blog weekly.

So, welcome to 2017!

01.15.17
After last week, I felt like I had burned the candle at both ends, it was good to be home for most of the weekend. I received this candle for Christmas (it's a volcano scent) and had it burning most of the day on Saturday and Sunday afternoon/evening. I love candles but don't light them too often for fear of leaving the house with a candle lit. I love being home in my house and the weekend was perfect recharge for me. Also, Chuy's is one of my fav places (that I haven't been to in way too long) and I received this little coaster/trivet for Christmas too and have it out in my kitchen, though on a different stand after this pic was taken. 
01.16.17
Monday was a work holiday in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and I loved being at home for a leisurely morning. I'm currently working through Beth Moore's Entrusted study which has been really good, and especially at a slower pace with coffee. Lest you think this is a Hallmark-esque moment of serenity, Auggie yaked up something gross shortly after I took this and so I had to stop and clean that up. #goodthinghescute #reallife
01.17.17
Back to school! The holiday break is officially officially over and MBA classes started back up this week. I do really like my professor and this semester will fly even faster than the last one and I will be half way through!  But, until then...all the reading. 
01.18.17
The 1st Houston flood of 2017, which fortunately passed quickly and rain expected for following day didn't end up coming through so thankfully there was minimal damage around the city this time. I finally got to break in my new rain booties I picked up over the holiday break! I have been looking for rain boots for, not even kidding, 2 years. I'm a true 8.5, and the 9's are too big/wide and 8's too small. I found these at Target, had never seen them before and they fit perfect!
{01.18.17 - Bonus}
I was dressed and ready to walk out the door, remote in hand to turn off the tv when the announcer called a 2 hour rain delay for our district.  I was out of my work clothes and into my onesie within about 10 seconds and 30 seconds later had a cup of coffee brewing to enjoy during the delay.
01.19.17
I had a work meeting downtown Thursday afternoon and snapped this sitting at a light. I don't often have to go downtown but when I do I always have such great memories of the years I worked downtown at Ernst and Young. I had great co-workers, rode the commuter bus, walked miles and miles in tunnels and on city blocks, and loved every bit of it.
01.20.17
Friday I was down south for a work meeting at Ellington Field. I've lived in Houston for nearly 19 years and never been to Ellington! I know there is an air show there every year, which people rave about, though I've never been. Our conference meeting room looked out on the runway where planes were taking off and landing the entire two hours were were there. #distracted
01.21.17
My church hosted a retreat for women who serve in leadership for various programs we have at church for women. I love sitting by a fireplace, and Saturday morning I spent about 3 hours in this spot. I guess as much as last week should have been plates of food every day this week was lots of coffee cups. Truth is I don't drink coffee every day and prefer to have it when I can savor and enjoy it, so the fact that happened 3 mornings this week was a sweet blessing! 
{01.21.17 - Bonus}
My church does a really great job of giving back to leaders who are serving and Friday night we had the best gathering of dreams and affirmation of women speaking truth to us of our character and hearts. I had a very hard year last year of harsh words spoken to and about me, and that is still a bit raw for me. The friends in the room are ones who have prayed diligently for me, spoken truth over lies and encouraged me. Vulnerability is one of the hardest things to be in life, and always "having it together" will definitely wear you out and cause you to miss great opportunities. So, these types of things make me super teary in the best way, and I will never take for granted being in community like this, because it doesn't happen every where. I posted this on Instagram...
If you never live your life with vulnerability in community amongst people who know real you, esteem you, speak truth to you, believe in you, ask hard questions and dream alongside you, you are really missing one of the greatest gifts to living this life. So grateful for the community that is mine in this race we are living.

See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment