Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Commit 30: January

Around the beginning of the year Instagram in all of it's brilliance showed me "sponsored" posts which included all manners of planners/organization for the new year. How they know the things to target you for is still beyond me, and makes me think Big Brother lives in iPhones. One of them I actually clicked to the page, it was the "they-emailed-and-wish-for-me-to-not-use-their-name/hashtag-in-my-social-media" planner. (This is so weird to me, I tag/link, and there is no affiliation/return to me, but hey, it's your biz.) Anyway, the design of the planner and it's contents were focused on making monthly commitments and keeping them. Anyone can do anything for 30 days right?! 

So, I'm incorporating 30 day commitments into my 2017. 

And, in January I did 31 days of NO SHOPPING. 

NO SHOES. 
NO CLOTHES. 
NO ACCESSORIES. 

Disclaimer in case you read here regularly: Yes, I got new shoes for walking my dog, however I bought some in December that didn't fit right when I got them home, so the ones I got were an exchange. 

Know what? 

It wasn't that hard. 

Even when I got emails of "entire boutique 40% off" and all matters of free shipping and various other promotions.  

No shopping. 

And, probably what I would have bought on sale would be what I end up thinking later on "I didn't really need that.". 

I did however see a few cute things... 

This dress at Target. I saw it before the holidays, but never could find in my size. It went on clearance too, but didn't find before end of year. I didn't even go to Target in January. 

SHOCKING!!!

But that dress is cute, right?  I need a medium. :) 

Another post I saw via Instagram and round-ups of Valentine's Day picks was this sweatshirt. It's not even a question.  But, Wildfox, what is it about your sweatshirts that makes them $114?!?! This is crazy.  Also, I would like it to have a blue heart for the little Auggie dog.  
I do love my dog. But, I have a super cute dog tank a dear friend bought me.

Know what? 
I don't need 2 dog related shirts.  

Such a grown up decision. I know.

But, these.
SWOON.

These might find their way to my closet. This site has so many belled pants, I love flare pants and jeans. It is not a secret. They have sequin bells and velvet bells and so many others and they are 35.5" inseam.  But, I will have to do more fit research.

Ahhhhhhh.....
Photo
This is my type of Valentine. 

So, that was my Commit for January.
No shopping. 

Now for February.  
Stay tuned for the end of month reveal. 

What would you commit to for 30 days?  
I have several things I have thought of, but would love to hear some other ideas. 

Spoiler Alert: October will be #write31days. 
Yes, I'm already thinking about a topic. 

#commit
It's good discipline in all aspects of life.

Stay in touch...
Subscribe to the Blog 
(Mobile: scroll to bottom of page, click "web version" and enter email on top right corner. 
Computer: scroll up to top right, below header and enter email address. 
Verify and you'll get new posts straight to your inbox!)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great commitment per month! Well done friend!

    ReplyDelete