Sunday, January 22, 2017

Easiest Chicken Parmesan Ever!

Towards the end of the year I set a goal to cook through all the meat in my freezer by the end of the year. Then, the holidays, travel, events, etc., and I wasn't home very much to cook and have leftovers, so I didn't make my end of year goal. However, I'm still working on it! And, getting close to the end.

But, the chicken. Sometimes with chicken I feel a little like Bubba Gump; grilled chicken, fried chicken, chicken spaghetti, chicken and rice...maybe you too?  So, I had some left over spaghetti sauce I needed to use and chicken thawed and decided to throw it all together.

This is so simple. I have no measurements, but you know the quantity that feeds you, or your family, in spaghetti noodles and chicken, so it's easy to make just what you need.

Easiest Chicken Parmesan Ever

Ingredients
Thawed Chicken breast or tenders
Flour + seasonings or Italian Bread Crumbs
Spaghetti noodles
Spaghetti Sauce (I'm a Prego girl) 
Cheese (Mozzarella or Parmesan, or both)
  1. Pre-heat your oven, 350 or 400 or 425, doesn't really matter. 
  2. Bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti
  3. Skillet fry chicken.  I cut large chicken breast into strips like tenders, basted with egg, dusted with flour and topped with Italian seasoning.  Pan fried them in olive oil for just a few minutes until done, flipping half way through. 
  4. Grease a Pyrex that will hold the amount you've cooked. 
  5. Layer 1) spaghetti 2) chicken 3) pour spaghetti sauce over top 4) top with cheese(s) 
  6. Put in the oven for a few minutes - just enough to melt the cheese and heat up the sauce, 15 minutes or so should do. 
Serve it up and enjoy!  

I'm no professional photographer, and I wanted to try this after I made it, to make sure it was edible (#truestory) but here's what it looks like in real life and it is yummy!! 



Also an easy meal if you have littles who like to cook with you, and/or bigs that you're teaching to cook! Several friends commented they were going to have their kids help out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment