Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Link Up: What's Up Wednesday

I haven't done one of these link ups in a while, so today I'm linking up and sharing what's up! :) 

WHAT I'M EATING
I made the easiest Chicken Parmesan on Sunday, and had it as leftover too. Shared the recipe, click here, and definitely recommend this one! 
#notafoodblogger

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT
My Facebook the last few days has had memories of this time last year, as I was getting ready to move, and several "last" things I did before the move, like driving through Shipley's with Barney. Never knew that would really be the last of things and he would be so sick and gone so soon. Next week (Feb 2) marks one year since he had to be put down, and I'm especially grateful for nearly 10 years with him, and for my new dog, Auggie, who brings lots of joy to my house over these last 7 months. 

WHAT I'M LOVING
I still have my winter bedding out, and I really do love it!  I put away the truck pillow, but other than that, have left it on my bed and likely will through February.

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO
Work + MBA + Rodeo Houston + Plexus + Polished + Church
Blogging + Lettering + Reading + Daily Walks
Family + Friends
just life. and, it's good.

WHAT I'M DREADING
Honestly, nothing major going on/coming up. So, that is a huge praise! 
#canigetanamen

WHAT I'M WORKING ON
I got a Mac in the fall, and I still have to work on how to do things on it. Also, most days after work find me working on one of the tasks above, so lots of tabs are open, excel and word docs too. Yesterday I had to google how to print a document showing track changes, whew.  #homework I'm also in the process of designing my website, and moving from Blogger to my own site. 

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT 
Polished. A new organization expanding to Houston, designed to connect young working women, encourage their careers and faith.  It still gives me pause to say "I'm the Local Director of Polished" as this is a ministry opportunity I have long prayed for. If you're young working woman in Dallas, North Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin or Houston, look them up and get connected! 

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING
Since school is back in session, so long to fun reading and hello to textbook and article reading. I did just recently finish Where'd You Go Bernadette and The Undoing of Saint Silvanus. Both were excellent! 2016 book review is here.
I don't watch too much TV, though did catch several Hallmark movies over the holiday break, but according to my DVR I need to have a binge session of This is Us and Fixer Upper. If you'd like to join in, come on over! Also, for the first time since season 2, I'm not watching The Bachelor. It's just too much this season for my taste. Maybe I will join in as Nick gets closer to the final few, but for now, from the recaps I've read I definitely don't think I'm missing anything. 

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO
In my car, pretty much XM 63 or XM56. I did just see that one of my long time favorites, Little Big Town has a new album coming out which I will definitely be listening to soon. I've also listened to a few podcasts lately {click here for more} and I listen to Spotify at home a lot too. 

WHAT I'M WEARING

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND 
Headed out of town for a Polished leadership retreat. Super excited that soon Houston will be on this map! 

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH 
I am presenting again at a conference next month, talking about bringing industry partners into classrooms for career exposure and applied learning. 
Also, Rodeo Houston is just over the horizon as well! Committee fundraiser, meetings, last bit of planning, BBQ cookoff and it will officially be here!

WHAT ELSE IS NEW
This year I started a new blog/photo series; 2017. Every day. I'm taking pics every day, posting them and writing the stories every week. This will be fun to look back on through the years! 

BONUS:  WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE BACHELOR 
As mentioned, I'm not watching this season, but favorites were for sure Sean Lowe, Ben Higgi and though he wasn't quite ready to commit or find love and maybe a couple of other issues, I liked Brad Womack, maybe it was also because he's a Texas guy....

So, that's what's up! 

Thanks for stopping in and stay in touch via Instagram (@signature_stylespacestory) or on Facebook www.facebook.com/signatureyou.  

If you want to subscribe to receive new posts in your inbox, on a device scroll to the bottom of this page, click to "view web version" then enter your email in the box "get posts delivered to your email" and submit!  On a computer, look to top right of page and enter email there.

Blessings, 

No comments:

Post a Comment