Monday, January 23, 2017

What I Wore...and plan to wear

The weather lately in Texas has been typical for "winter"....high 70's and sunny, mixed with 30's, wind and a few days of rain! Needless to say, there hasn't been much of the 30s, so I haven't worn too many cardigans + scarves this year, which is typically my uniform. 

I picked up this top in Las Vegas while shopping the NFR Cowboy Christmas. Since I'm tall (5'9"), I don't typically find tops like this that are long enough sleeves for me, so I was happy to find this one! The bell sleeves are fun and lattice neckline gives it a little extra detail. It's a perfect work top with a scarf added or fun for evenings out showing off the lattice.  Of course, flare jeans, because #flaresaremyfavorite. And, even when they weren't in style, they are the best fit for my frame.   
Also when I was in Vegas I saw these pants on several Instagram pages I follow and particularly one girl who's tall, maybe even taller than me, so I knew the inseam would be long. I don't typically order pants online from boutiques because I never can tell the fit and super slim pants don't fit me. But, after asking several questions and figuring out these were 37" inseam I went for it and can't wait to wear them out!  Of course this pic was at home as soon as I got them in the mail, had to try them on, but they are going to be really cute for couple of events coming up. Stay tuned for full outfit.  I got them from Wildbleu, and ordered a small. You can find Wildbleu online (www.shopwildbleu.com) and on Instagram (@wildbleu). Also, my Mom text me about this pic "those pants are crazy", haha!! Best ever! #iliveontheedge #alsodriveuntilgaslightcomeson
Somewhere during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales I picked up a couple of new t-shirts at a great discount. I've had my eye on them for quite some time,but always hesitated until a good sale came up! #bargainshopper #canIgetanamen  This T is from Royer's Pie Haven (www.royerspiehaven.com or Insta @royerspiehaven) and was fun for a rodeo meeting paired with Cactus duster from Dusty Diamonds (www.dustydiamondsboutique.com or Insta @dustydiamondsboutique). Sidenote: typing "duster" takes me back to the mid-90's when black heavy canvas dusters were "in" for the western/cowboy/kickers crowd. My necklace is from Accessorize in Style, a boutique I've often mentioned (www.accessorizeinstyle.com or Insta @accessorize_instyle). I love white jeans year round, and since it's been in the 70's or nearly 80, feels like white jeans are appropriate anyway! Snapped this pic when I walked back in the door at 11pm, because I meant to on the way out and forgot. #nolipstick #flathair #bedtime
Sequins!! I love that sequins are in right now! How fun is this maxi skirt. Also, if you look for sequin skirts on Instagram, you'll see them with everything from graphic t's to dressed up tops. Perfectly unexpected. Like the stripe pants, I had to try this on right from the mailbox and little Auggie was (not) patiently waiting for me to change into clothes more appropriate for his walk. I got hilarious comments on this pic via both Facebook and Instagram regarding pairing it with flannel. I can't wait to wear this for couple of upcoming events too! I got this from the Rollin J (www.therollinj.com or Insta @therollinj) after searching several and talking with shop owners to determine length/measurements. Most of these skirts are high waisted, which can make fit tricky. I actually ended up ordering a large, and it sits perfectly on my hips and is plenty long. I love shopping small because you really get lots of help from owners! 
Remember WAY back when I got this vest? {click here} And, it was hanging on my closet door with jeans and I thought that would be cute when the weather finally cooled off? Well, finally got to wear it on a jeans Friday! Turns out this entire outfit is from Old Navy; button up, vest and flare jeans. Also, the button up is, of course, tall size; but if you want a longer tunic length or even dress that is maybe a little more work appropriate, I recommend ordering a tall. Cognac heels are Jessica Simpson and style is Claudette

Here's another one of the T's I picked up from Royer's Pie Haven. I could wear this every day. Especially lately, seems like the world is trying to steal our joy!  #nottodaysatan  These jeans are Calvin Klein, which are I believe my first ever Calvins, but they are a great fit for booties and I picked them up at Marshall's.  Also, these booties, (closer pic below and wearing them in white jeans pic above) are from Marshall's. They are by Splendid and if you've read here in the summer, my long favorite wedges are Splendid and I'm equally loving these suede wedge boots for winter. Another pic snapped at the end of the day, because I forgot before I left.
I still haven't gotten back to taking pics daily of my work wear, though some of you have asked, which - thank you!! So, here's a what I wore to work pic. Easy black dress that is short sleeve, perfect year round dress, with flats, wedges, tights, booties and boots. Paired with oversize cardigan and the suede booties. I love black + camel together, and especially the little bit of trim on these boots. I snapped this after work, and Auggie, again, not so patiently waiting for me to quit taking pics and get on clothes to take him on a walk.
Thanks for stopping in and stay in touch via Instagram (@signature_stylespacestory) or on Facebook www.facebook.com/signatureyou.  

If you want to subscribe to receive new posts in your inbox, scroll to the bottom of this page, click to "view web version" then enter your email in the box "get posts delivered to your email" and submit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment